1A33D621-EE56-4EB2-A384-C03C5482E003 (resized).png
6f6.gif
giphy.gif
6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 2 years ago

Its tooooo late babyyyy ohhh its tooooo late!

#102 2 years ago

Tell him he can come over and play it if he wants.

#103 2 years ago

Give him back his game.

When you’re dead and gone no one talks about how shrewd you were or how much crap you’ve accumulated in life.

Its always those kind and generous acts which seem to come up.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Give him back his game.

When you’re dead and gone no one talks about how shrewd you were or how much crap you’ve accumulated in life.

Its always those kind and generous acts that seem to come up.

i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gifi-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
#105 2 years ago

Give him back his game.
Its always those kind and generous acts which seem to come up.

When I’m dead and gone I can 100% guarantee I’m not going to give a shit.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boggles my mind that people bring stuff like this here.
You really can’t figure out what to do on your own?

Boggles my mind how some folks can't just move on to the next thread without spewing some kind of negativity. He asked for advice in an advice thread, if you don't want to give any, then move on.

If you sold the game and payment was made to the terms the seller specified, then you have no issue. So long as the check is good, you are not legally obligated to return the game. If he claims not to have received the check, you can send another by certified mail. If he refuses it, then you have proof you attempted payment and go about your business. The certified mail doesn't relieve you of the obligation to pay if he does come back to collect, but you will have the proof you did not steal the pin.

#107 2 years ago

I am surprised nobody has asked the amount of the check. Not that I would care (:

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Possession is 9/10’s as they say. He has remorse fine, but you sold 2 games to make this happen as well so tell him to put an egg in his shoe and beat it

Totally agree. If ultimately you don’t pay then he has an issue. Key here is that you agreed to terms and he delivered it to you. If everything you are saying is true, I’d stick with the check and tell him to leave you alone.

#109 2 years ago

Possible reply...

I am sorry for the mis-communication but I have picked up this game and it is now in my possession after an agreed upon price and payment being made. While I understand you now have changed your mind and you may have the room now, I too also now have vested interest. I have payed for the game, picked it up, shopped it, set it up and have grown attached to it. I am sorry for this and am willing to send you a Paypal, or another form of payment and cancel my original check to complete this transaction.

#110 2 years ago

The game was taken before money was in hand?

You guys both messed up. BOTH OF YOU. And now here we are.

Since you sold two games to make room AND the game is now in your possession, I think the proper solution would be to make sure he gets his money.

However, since you have something you didn't pay for, I also think he could take you to court. That being said, the ruling would be that you owe him the money all along, so you'd have to pay him and that is that, but he could still make it messy for you.

OP, you need to take responsibility for some of this. You're not wrong but you're not 100% right either. Be nice, try to work it out, but I think you're going to feel some pain and agony before this gets resolved. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it.

gl to you.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

When I’m dead and gone I can 100% guarantee I’m not going to give a shit.

Dying with the most toys and winning is certainly the path chosen by most.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Boggles my mind how some folks can't just move on to the next thread without spewing some kind of negativity.

You are spot on. I see so many negative responses from the same few members. They spend more time on this site spewing negativity than positive, constructive responses which is what this whole community is supposed to be all about.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Deal is done IMO. Oddest thing to me is he let you get the game w/o him having a cleared check in his bank account.

I actually think he got the check but didn't cash it because then the deal would REALLY be done. If he maintains he never got the check, he can claim the game is still lawfully his. That's the angle I think he's playing here.

And John...doesn't he know it was just your birthday? This is certainly no way to treat the Birthday Boy...

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The game was taken before money was in hand?
You guys both messed up. BOTH OF YOU. And now here we are.
Since you sold two games to make room AND the game is now in your possession, I think the proper solution would be to make sure he gets his money.
However, since you have something you didn't pay for, I also think he could take you to court. That being said, the ruling would be that you owe him the money all along, so you'd have to pay him and that is that, but he could still make it messy for you.
OP, you need to take responsibility for some of this. You're not wrong but you're not 100% right either. Be nice, try to work it out, but I think you're going to feel some pain and agony before this gets resolved. My stomach is in knots just thinking about it.
gl to you.

The only person who messed up is the seller who wants his game back. Buyer did nothing wrong and the terms of the sale including payment method were met. If the seller really didn't get the check (which I highly doubt) then I'm sure the buyer would cancel the old check and issue a new check, hopefully via certified letter this time due to the previous issues.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

You are spot on. I see so many negative responses from the same few members. They spend more time on this site spewing negativity than positive, constructive responses which is what this whole community is supposed to be all about.

Same here… They wanna tell you how brilliant they are and that they don’t have time for something so beneath them as they take time for something so beneath them.

I’m really at a quandary here on how to proceed. I’m not here for clickbate. I can’t remember the last thread I started.

#116 2 years ago

Do you have any agreement in writing?

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from lawspud:

Edit to add: A couple of points. 1) Your sale of two machines to buy this one is important. This is “detrimental reliance.” Meaning, you relied on the contract to make a move that is otherwise harmful to you. If you give him the game back and he gives you the check, everything is not “all fixed.” You’re still out those two games. That’s a big deal. 2) As others have said, you can sell it back to him for what you think it’s worth, not what you paid for it. It could be a loss to you, or a profit. But I believe it’s your machine to sell, not his to repossess. And 3) I wouldn’t worry too much about the fact that he has your check. If you give the machine back, put a stop payment on it and move on. If he were to cash that check that would be theft/embezzlement. Relatively easy to make him pay in civil or criminal courts (or both). Most folks don’t just default to pure theft. Guys with movers and multiple pinball machines are even less likely to do so (and easier to recover money from). It if you suspect he’s planning to take the machine and your money, keep the machine. At least until he produces the check.

I am not a lawyer and not making any judgments about this situation, but how could he prove that he sold two games to buy this game? He could have sold those two games for any number of reasons.

My two cents (probably not even worth that) is that it's the buyers game, but also highlights that people should really never do transactions with anything other than cash or cash equivalents (e.g., wire transfers). Who does transactions with checks anyway, they are the worst form of payment for a seller and opens the door for something like this to happen?

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I didn't know how to say that politely, but.... Yeah. Lol

This is an interesting thread with lots of good information and advice. But yeah, this one was great. This won the internet today is far as I am concerned, I can't stop laughing.

#119 2 years ago

Honestly, do not give him back the game. If there are issues with the check then make that right and move on. A deal is a deal. That is it. I agree with Boob that he probably does have the check and is using that as an excuse. We all make decisions we regret. Everything is worth more to you when its gone.

#120 2 years ago

This is pretty amazing - that someone would ship a game out before receiving payment, and that you would send payment without a certified check/tracking number.

Aside from this, you just need to ensure he gets paid - whether that is placing the check in his hands or re-sending a certified/tracked payment with signature confirmation.

If he doesn't seem open to this solution, you can then point out the fact that you sold two games to pay for and make space for this one. Hopefully that will make him realize he's being unreasonable.

#121 2 years ago

#122 2 years ago

For sure the deal is done. Payment was sent. Merchandise traded hands. Done. From the legal perspective. Done.
Now, if this was a friend and in the names sake of keeping a friend it might be worth a sit down discussion. but in the eyes of the law, it's done.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boggles my mind that people bring stuff like this here.
You really can’t figure out what to do on your own?

C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gifC0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
#124 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And John...doesn't he know it was just your birthday? This is certainly no way to treat the Birthday Boy...

That’s the day I bought it!
My birthday present to me.
Was either that or spa day with a mani & pedi for everyone in Boobs army.

#125 2 years ago

I suggest you get an attorney and give them $3500 whom will give you the advice to not do a damn thing and just play pinball! The other guy is now what you call a player hater.

If you want to help him compensate for his own lack of intelligence, then you’d be putting yourself a step below him.

Try just saying no.

#126 2 years ago

100% greed, he believes he sold it too cheap and left money on the table I would keep the game and sleep like a baby.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

That’s the day I bought it!
My birthday present to me.
Was either that or spa day with a mani & pedi for everyone in Boobs army.

I could use pedicure, bro...

#128 2 years ago

my guess is the OP knew he was getting a better deal than the seller and way way underpaid for the game

#129 2 years ago

you should proceed by simply texting "No.". Nothing more, don't reason, don't rationalize, don't apologize. There's a better than 90% chance you won't hear back again. In the 10% off chance he does respond, simply write "No.". There will then be another 90% chance you won't hear back again. Repeat until you can close this thread with the resolution of enjoying YOUR new game. **Just make sure he gets that money somehow.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I could use pedicure, bro...

Gift certificate sent

6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
#131 2 years ago

I paid 6K for the game.
Fair?
Too high?
Too low?

#132 2 years ago

tough to say, when it's simultaneously called the most collectible pitch and bat ever while having an estimated value of like $100

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

You gotta read between the lines on Levi’s posts. He knows embryojohn made up his mind before even starting this thread and was only looking for like minded posts to soothe his conscience.

#134 2 years ago

You gotta read between the lines on Levi’s posts. He knows embryojohn made up his mind before even starting this thread and was only looking for like minded posts to soothe his conscience.

Lol yeah you got all of that from his snarky post. Imagine all of the insight and information we can all get from reading between all of Levi's posts. Oh man what a treasure trove of insightful information!

#135 2 years ago

Tell him to go kick rocks! Next he'll tell you he is taking his ball and going home. This is a total no brainer, don't sell shit you don't want to sell. You didn't accidentally misunderstand the terms of the deal and the game was really only given to you on consignment was it?

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Lol yeah you got all of that from his snarky post. Imagine all of the insight and information we can all get from reading between all of Levi's posts. Oh man what a treasure trove of insightful information!

I did actually. I mean unlocking Levi’s mind is like finding the keys to the universe.

#137 2 years ago

What does the mutual friend think?

#138 2 years ago

Be tactful and say a deal is deal. Or dont answer his text. U would be willing to sell it back for 500+ more.

#139 2 years ago

I’m not that vain my friend & I don’t need the stroking, just real advice which I got by the bushel. Really great advice by fellow Pinsiders who took the time to post & PM me. Who better to ask for advice on selling & buying issues than you guys?

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you should proceed by simply texting "No.". Nothing more, don't reason, don't rationalize, don't apologize. There's a better than 90% chance you won't hear back again. In the 10% off chance he does respond, simply write "No.". There will then be another 90% chance you won't hear back again. Repeat until you can close this thread with the resolution of enjoying YOUR new game. **Just make sure he gets that money somehow.

Agree. No sense trying to reason with irrational people. The seller sounds like he is being manipulative and attempting to guilt trip the purchaser. He is an adult who made his decision based on the most important commodity to him at the time (physical space) and now has to live with it. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

People like that only regurgitate enough to support their position. They are not going to give out the whole story.
I had a guy here dispute the history of and claim all sorts of intimate knowledge of a machine I ended up getting weeks after it was listed because the seller was getting low balled and was firm on price. I mentioned he must have lowballed the seller and the dude popped a gasket. Denied and deflected by attacking my character. Pretty sensitive reaction from someone who made claims to the contrary…
“Thou doth protest too much, methinks.”

Oh yeah, speaking of people who lie and don’t give out the whole story just to badmouth and shittalk people they don’t know, YOU!

Here’s the actual quote “LORDDEREK” is lying about and claiming a machine with 88 THOUSAND on the coin meter is HUO

Quoted from LORDDREK:

LOL! Ain’t that the truth. In the one year I have been collecting half of my pin purchases have some sort of direct connection between them. And I’m not talking “Hey I know a guy selling a machine” but more like “You bought that? It used to be mine” so yeah wicked tight knit community.
And back to the total play thread I bought a Solar City EM up on the Canadian border that was HUO since 1980 in a pottery studio. It was full of quarters and the coin mech was fully operational yet the counter read 88 thousand plays. The switch contacts were hardly used and inside the cabinet looks like the day it came off the factory floor.
So yeah total plays are not always what they seem…

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yeah well it is what I was told and regardless condition matched the tale. I have a routed EM with a third the plays and everything looks it. But hell I have only been at this a year so what do I know.
You must have been one of those low ballers the guy was complaining about. After seeing it without even opening it (no key) and not powering up I happily gave him the $500 he was asking. Got it home and it was just a pinched power cord…

And here is my calm response “blowing a gasket” claiming I lowballed for a game I never wanted, but just knew the original seller. What is up with people?!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Lol, what? No, I didn’t want it, nor did I offer. Congrats on the pickup, glad you’re happy with it. Not sure why you’re so randomly aggressive on every thread. But as you will learn, that doesn’t get you far in this hobby, good luck!

Buyer beware, we’ll probably see a thread like this in the future when mister <1y sells his mint HUO 88k play game

#142 2 years ago

It’s your game. I wouldn’t even respond. The way he is almost forcing you into giving it back by “the movers are coming to get it, ok?” is hilarious. He found someone that would pay more imo. You’re in the right to keep it for sure! Looks cool!

#143 2 years ago

Deal is done and you paid his asking why give it back ... batter up have fun playing that sweet pitch n bat

#144 2 years ago

Small claims looks at how the deal was structured and then executed. Did buyer and seller meet the terms laid out. Here we have one party crying foul. If it ends up in small claims and the check was never cashed, small claims will likely place funds into an escrow account to make the seller whole once the original check has had stop payment processed and funds placed into escrow. Very easy. All parties made whole.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’m not that vain my friend & I don’t need the stroking, just real advice which I got by the bushel. Really great advice by fellow Pinsiders who took the time to post & PM me. Who better to ask for advice on selling & buying issues than you guys?

Well, the day you start a thread like this and get 3 pages of responses telling you to give the game back instead of keeping it will be the same day I can finally go pick up a potcle for less than it cost new.

Read between the lines on that.

#146 2 years ago

Cancel the check, and keep the game

6f6.gif6f6.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

(obv. kidding)

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Oh yeah, speaking of people who lie and don’t give out the whole story just to badmouth and shittalk people they don’t know, YOU!
Here’s the actual quote “LORDDEREK” is lying and claiming a machine with 88 THOUSAND on the coin meter is HUO

And here is my calm response to him calling me names and claiming I lowballed for a game I never wanted, I just knew the original seller. Lol, people are loonies when they get caught!

Buyer beware, we’ll probably see a thread like this in the future when mister <1y sells his mint HUO 88k play game

Like I said:

Thou doth protest too much, methinks…”

Lowballer.

#148 2 years ago

Dying with the most toys and winning is certainly the path chosen by most.

Has nothing to do with dying with the most toys.
Dying with the most toys is a dick move because your family has to deal with selling off all your shit when you're gone.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Has nothing to do with dying with the most toys.
Dying with the most toys is a dick move because your family has to deal with selling off all your shit when you're gone.

Oh...that's not so bad. My wife is all set to sell my shit and buy a lake house. She walks in the house and says, "You still here?"

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...that's not so bad. My wife is all set to sell my shit and buy a lake house. She walks in the house and says, "You still here?"

Unless I die some untimely death I’m going to sell all my stuff before I die and leave the family money.
Can’t even imagine them trying to sell a bunch of pins, arcade games etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-has-sellers-remorse-and-now-wants-his-game-back/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.