1A33D621-EE56-4EB2-A384-C03C5482E003 (resized).png
6f6.gif
giphy.gif
6F578A46-83D6-4B4E-8FCA-7A1F983613EC (resized).jpeg
C0FC58C2-C942-4E1A-818C-16BC41C67177.gif
i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 2 years ago

Just tell him you already sold the game.

#52 2 years ago

My opinion;

You sent him the check, I'd considered it's Paid. You have the game. The deal is done. "If" your check doesn't clear, different story.

My first choice is cash on the glass. However, I have done many sales with PayPal, Personal Checks, Cashier's Check with some time to confirm clearing.

I personally wouldn't care if you sold 2 games or a pair of your favorite boots. Done Deal Period!

#53 2 years ago

Stories like this never cease to amaze me. Why are there so many fucking ignorant weirdos in our society and how do they even function in life? Their lives must be hell and/or miserable.

#54 2 years ago

Once he figures he’s not going to get the game back, I bet the check magically appears and gets cashed.

Otherwise, let him take you to small claims and present your facts. Judgement should be to pay the guy, which you already did and are willing to do again if the check got “lost” in the mail.

Honestly, I don’t know why this guy thinks he can send someone back to pickup the game. It’s amazing what some people think.

OP, make sure to update us on the outcome because now I’m curious.

#55 2 years ago

So you sold two machines, and if you give this one back you should at least demand money to pay for shipping for two other machines you would buy instead. Also you are going to have to find 2 other machines to buy and make a deal over. That takes time and effort. How much is your time and effort worth? You should add that to the "bill".

#56 2 years ago

Look, I get it. We all sell games we regret. I sold a mint, HUO Maverick, from my personal collection, to a client at xmas once. I still service it to this day and I STILL miss it. But I sold it, it is done and gone. Possession is 9/10ths of the law. He can pound sand. Weather he cashes the check or not, the deal is done and the pin is yours.

#57 2 years ago

I’d keep it with no hesitation. Tell him you are canceling the first check and sending a second via certified Mail.

I’d point out to him that you sold two games to buy his. That can’t be undone. Beyond that I would not engage in long emails or let things turn into an argument.

#58 2 years ago

If you want to be nice then tell him if two games you gave up to get his turn up with his movers in as good or better condition than the ones you sold, then he can have his game back.

#59 2 years ago

Only way I’d begin to consider it, would be for him to find good examples of your two previous games and trade them back. Let him do the leg work to find the other games, an he can pay whatever he finds them for, but they must be restored to the level of your previous 2 games.

#60 2 years ago

Block the number and move on.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Block the number and move on.

LMFAO - you think the guy that has neither his game or the funds is just gonna go away because you 'block the number and move on'?

#62 2 years ago

The check issue aside. Two words - Tough Luck.

#63 2 years ago

I’m surprised you sent the check regular mail.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

LMFAO - you think the guy that has neither his game or the funds is just gonna go away because you 'block the number and move on'?

No, but that's his fucking problem now. And he has the check anyway.

#65 2 years ago

So far we've only really heard one side of the story. The other side of the story is that he sold a game, shipped it and never got a check as agreed so now he wants the game back. Apparently there was no tracking on the sent check so no way to document if it was actually received. Both sides seem to at least agree the check was never cashed so the game was never paid for.

There is a lot that is odd here and details that are left out might shed some light: What game are we talking about? What was the sale price? Who is the other party? Why did the seller ship a game before he received payment?

#66 2 years ago

people in this hobby are so damn weird

#67 2 years ago

First thing is, you should have sent it with a tracking #
Second: What was his reasoning for not wanting to complete the deal with Zelle? "No, I don't want instant payment, please mail me a check and I'll wait for it to get here and then wait till it clears but I will send you the pin first..."
Third: Who paid the moving guys to bring it to you and how far away was the trip?
Lastly: What pin and how much?
Something strange going on here.

#68 2 years ago

I am a little surprised by all the comments and the negativity. What happened to kindness in this world? If it were me I would want to make things right even if it is not my problem.

First of all-what game are we talking about? Is it super rare or something I am missing? Almost every game can be replaced or found. I would offer to help him find another replacement game and work with him. Sounds like he is bummed and made a mistake. I am not saying to give the game back but try and work something out.

-Might help to know what game it is?

#69 2 years ago

All that for a bugs bunny? Amazing...

#70 2 years ago

Tell him to keep watching the want ads, he'll find another one.

Everyone has had sellers remorse. I agreed to sell a classic muscle car to a guy that lived 500 miles away, changed my mind but kept my word. Coulda ghosted him, thought about it. Sold it for $4500, it's worth $75k now. Yeah, I regret that - regretted it before it left my garage.

Live and learn.

#71 2 years ago

For me the biggest factor to consider would be the mutual friend. Would this poison a relationship with a good friend?

Good luck with the outcome. Hopefully everyone walks away without hard feelings.

#72 2 years ago

The other piece is the OP has a friend that put him in touch with seller…chance to lose a friend out of all this. No need to make enemies. I think the OP just needs to have an honest conversation with the seller….let him know it’s a game you want and you sold 2 other games to get this one. You are out time and money to make this deal happen. If you want the game bad enough stand your ground. If he offers to make it right and pay more to buy it back then consider it if it’s more important to keep the peace and resolve it. Just my 2 cents.

#73 2 years ago

I would purchase all of my games back for what I sold them for.

#74 2 years ago

I’ve sold two games, spent an hour or two adjusting switches and changing sleeves & changed out all the 44’s to warm frosted LED’s for my tired eyes. We’ve been playing the crap out of the game. We also scratched what was a perfect cabinet.

I’m reaching out to him this morning and I’ll give you an update.

Thank you for all the great advice

F3710895-8775-4810-957B-C901B4C1FD6D (resized).jpegF3710895-8775-4810-957B-C901B4C1FD6D (resized).jpeg
#75 2 years ago

Wow ok rare game that would be hard to replace-I can see why he wants it back-sweet game!

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Stories like this never cease to amaze me. Why are there so many fucking ignorant weirdos in our society and how do they even function in life? Their lives must be hell and/or miserable.

For how often I see it, I’m surprised, amazed, and shocked at how functional society actually is.

I bought a machine from a guy who said he had to put locktite on a screw, because the game would malfunction… come to find out it was literally just a screw into some metal, that had no function at all, because it was missing the washer that interacted with the mech… which was, of course, laying lonely in the cabinet box

I spent an hour trying to figure out what he meant with his pictures, because I simply couldn’t believe anyone could be that fucking stupid. I suppose ignorance of ignorance is still ignorance

#77 2 years ago

Ooof!!! animated backbox, I'd regret selling that forever.

But a deal is a deal....

#78 2 years ago

Dun Dun Da-Today on Judge Judy...Guy sells rare pinball machine and has sellers remorse and does not want to cash the check.

judge-judy-get-over-it-gif.gifjudge-judy-get-over-it-gif.gif
Judge Judy.gifJudge Judy.gif

#79 2 years ago

I'd sell 3 games to buy that....
Double Ooof !!!

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boggles my mind that people bring stuff like this here.
You really can’t figure out what to do on your own?

Imagine if nobody brought this stuff up here? Then I couldn't anxiously await your response!

#81 2 years ago

That game is a true work of art-almost belongs in a museum. I bet you he let it go during the move without a thought and someone probably told him what he could sell it on Epay for afterwards. He might truly want the game back or he may have felt he sold it for too little?

I really do hope everything works out for all parties-really cool game and thanks for sharing.

#82 2 years ago

Williams 1960 Official Baseball, widely considered the most collectible pitch and bat, because of the playfield figures.

Holy pinball Batman, it looks brand new, fully restored???

Triple Ooooff!!!

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The bank reassured me they wouldn't cash a stale dated check. I pointed out that they once cashed my pay stub and not the check.

HAHAHAHA! Reading this silly thread was worth this line alone.

#84 2 years ago

Wow - that’s by far the nicest pitch and bat I’ve ever seen!

Personally, I’d keep the game. Tell the guy he’s welcome to come play it.

Remember what LTG said about getting the original check back or closing your account before issuing a new payment. If you pay cash (after closing your checking account) be sure to get a signed receipt proving you paid.

#85 2 years ago

Send him a bag of twizlers and tell him to suck it

Deal done! Enjoy your baseball game my friend

#86 2 years ago

Kind of wish I didn't read this thread because now I think I need that game...and a skee ball too....

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Kind of wish I didn't read this thread because now I think I need that game...and a skee ball too....

Haha.. just added it to my wishlist.

#88 2 years ago

If you ever want to sell that pitch and bat let me know. I’ve always wanted to get a 1957 due to Myrtle Beach arcades.

This thing appears more rare than any modern day JJP POTC.

I would offer the game back to the seller at an inflated price, just to help him out and inflated because you have time invested into it. Sometimes having your name bad mouthed behind your backs not worth it. He can obviously turn down that deal which would then solidify you keeping it so you both can move on.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Bunch of grown ass children!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I posted this under buying/selling advice for a reason, I need advice.
I guess we should just take down that sub topic as an option cause some people always have all the correct answers to every question.
Go ahead, ask them, they’ll tell ya.

#90 2 years ago

Don't worry about the Pinside Bullies-your question is very valid and this is a great learning lesson/discussion for the rest of us-this is a first for me.

Again thank you for posting and hope everything works out

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah what the hell posting for advice in....Buying and selling advice?!

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Sometimes having your name bad mouthed behind your backs not worth it.

Badmouthed?

I'd laugh at one of my buddies if he said "Yeah, I sold a game to this asshole, changed my mind and now he won't sell it back to me. What a dick."

#94 2 years ago

Forum: Market: Buying and Selling Advice.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Boggles my mind that people take time to consistently write contrarian opinions on a social media website.

You really can’t figure out you aren’t required to read these threads on your own?

#95 2 years ago

Personally, I'd be stressing about everything... The friend, the seller , etc. But at the same time, I'd be thinking " I would never do that to someone, why should I be a victim to this?"
It's your game now when it comes down to it, as long as your friend is cool with it, I'd be keeping it.

#96 2 years ago

Seller has the check. He only says he doesn’t to help support his weak position. Clearly there is remorse. I suspect it is price remorse. The fact that the sale amount remains hidden supports this.

Seller did not miraculously find more room he found a more motivated buyer. OP stumbled upon a great deal and if he wants to keep it he should. There is enough evidence a sale occurred regardless of the handshake level agreement.

It’s the OP’s friend who facilitated the transaction who is going to suffer from any fallout. I wonder what the opinion they have have about all of this…

If the seller doubles down and I suspect he will as morality and integrity is at an all time low these days then this will make for a very entertaining read. I do hope the OP keeps this thread going to its conclusion.

#97 2 years ago

Transaction is done. Feelings are hurt. Oh well.

#98 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#99 2 years ago

The "he has another buyer" scenario is valid. He may also have your check and telling you he doesn't hoping you will return the game then he will shred the check. (I'm not diving in the he will still cash it rabbit hole). In either scenario, you can't verify.

If he still claims he doesn't have the check then I'd tell him I'll Zelle or Pay Pal him the money and stop payment on the check but I wouldn't give the game back.

The terms were set (game delivered, check sent) so the deal was done.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Badmouthed?
I'd laugh at one of my buddies if he said "Yeah, I sold a game to this asshole, changed my mind and now he won't sell it back to me. What a dick."

People like that only regurgitate enough to support their position. They are not going to give out the whole story.

I had a guy here dispute the history of and claim all sorts of intimate knowledge of a machine I ended up getting weeks after it was listed because the seller was getting low balled and was firm on price. I mentioned he must have lowballed the seller and the dude popped a gasket. Denied and deflected by attacking my character. Pretty sensitive reaction from someone who made claims to the contrary…

“Thou doth protest too much, methinks.”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lyme, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-has-sellers-remorse-and-now-wants-his-game-back/page/2?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.