View topic image gallery

003connery_468x397 (resized).jpg
Stacks of Cash Money (resized).jpg
$$$TM (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
07172a3f-49b3-4f68-b10e-e5acda4f223b.png (resized).jpg
nh (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poboypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

That sucks. I had something like this happen once but I was the seller (mine would have been buyer cold feet). Had a pin list on CL sold it, Guy contacts me about the same time the pin got picked up. I let him know sorry just sold it, asks if I have any other games for sale. Think about it and say yes I got a so and so I would sell, plays but I haven't waxed or installed new rubbers, but I have them and for $X I will sell it like it is or for $Z if I clean it up and get it ready. He chooses $Z so I go ahead clean it up install what I have already bought. During tear down I find a few more small things so I let the guy know I ordered a few more parts to make it nice. The hole time this guy is texting me and emailing me how excited he is and that him and the kids will play it and so on. Then the day before pickup I get a text can't come tomorrow, some issue with his house. Tell him that’s okay just let me know when you want to come get it, then the next text he backs out but offers to mail me some money for my parts and time. I think about it but never text him back (to pee'd off at the time) and eventually just list it on CL and sell it to someone else. It really wouldn't have bothered me so much if he wouldn't had been texting and emailing me all the time about it when will it be ready and so on. I stuck to my end of the deal and time even bought a few more plastics to make it sharp.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

That sucks. I had something like this happen once but I was the seller mine would have been buyer cold feet. Had a pin list on CL sold it, Guy contacts me about the same time the pin got picked up. I let him know sorry just sold it, asks if I have any other games for sale. Think about it and say yes I got a so and so I would sell, plays but I haven't waxed or installed new rubbers, but I have them and for $X I will sell it like it is or for $Z if I clean it up and get it ready. He chooses $Z so I go ahead clean it up install what I have already bought. During tear down I find a few more small things so I let the guy know I ordered a few more parts to make it nice. The hole time this guy is texting me and emailing me how excited he is and that him and the kids will play it and so on. Then the day before pickup I get a text can't come tomorrow, some issue with his house. Tell him that’s okay just let me know when you want to come get it, then the next text he backs out but offers to mail me some money for my parts and time. I think about it but never text him back (to pee'd off at the time) and eventually just list it on CL and sell it to someone else. It really wouldn't have bothered me so much if he wouldn't had been texting and emailing me all the time about it when will it be ready and so on. I stuck to my end of the deal and time even bought a few more plastics to make it sharp.

#88 7 years ago

I'm not saying I would go this route (if I was the buyer), but I once had a classic motorcycle for sale and CL that needed to be restored I knew what I had and what it was worth. Of course I got all of the BS emails and text's but I got an actual call from a guy in CA that wanted the bike he also knew what it was and what it was worth. We talked a lot about the bike its history and so on. Then came what I thought was the scam, so I will Fed Ex you a check. Sorry no checks, then went into is there a Wells Fargo by you, nope. So I said if you are real wire me the money were I can pick it up cash I'm real. So he did it cost him some extra money and he told me that. I also had told him he could send his driver with money when he picked it up as an option and he actually looked at doing that to as he said he had done that before as well. So I stuck to my cash and carry advertisement and it worked. But in this case there was a lot of talking over the phone as we both wanted to make sure we weren't getting scammed at the end we were both happy as we even talked after he got the bike.

#92 7 years ago

If the issue was payment or payment type the seller should have been up front with you and worked it out. At the end of the day it sucks he wasn't/didn't

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poboypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-cold-feet?tu=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.