View topic image gallery

003connery_468x397 (resized).jpg
Stacks of Cash Money (resized).jpg
$$$TM (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
07172a3f-49b3-4f68-b10e-e5acda4f223b.png (resized).jpg
nh (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Curious how often this happens and how other people handled the situation... I purchased a pin from a Pinsider. I paid via Paypal about a week ago. Shipping paid and they would be picking it up in about 2 days. This morning, I wake up to an email saying payment refunded. Turns out he claims he got cold feet and decided to keep it and asked me to cancel the shipping...
I understand, people change their minds. However, when it comes to making a sale, funds exchanged, setting up shipping, paying for shipping. When is it too late to change your mind?

That exact situation has never happened to me, but I have had supposed deals (buyin and selling) drift away like a fart in the wind. In your case, I think it's a little unseemly to nerf a deal when money has already exchanged hands but what are ya gonna do. I've never had a deal that far along go sour and I've been doing this a long time, so for sure not cool.

But Shit happens. Move on...there's always another deal. I'm not a big fan of starting up a drama thread when a deal never actually happened - save that stuff for bad deals, misrepresented machines, flat out cheats...Life really is too short and it will accomplish nothing. the sooner you forget about it the happier you'll be. In 16 years of doing this I've changed my mind a couple times as well and I've always been grateful that people haven't tried to make a capital case out of it, and I've been "the victim" more times than I can count.

You really NEVER should assume a deal is done till it's done, we all know that. I wouldn't make any dramatic moves (buying or selling another game) on the assumption that another "deal" I have is a closed case. Easy way to create space and money problems in your life you don't need.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what she said.

That doesn't even make sense! And "that's what she said" is almost always the lowest hanging fruit of any joke genre.

Unless, I guess, the guy was selling his dick?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Same kinda thing happened to me last year. A Pinsider was buying a game from me, and after some back and forth sent the full amount of money via PayPal. Scheduled time to come pick up the game in a week. Hence, I responded to several inquiries, pending and new ones, that the game was sold.
Late the night before pick up, I get a sporadic email from the guy asking that I refund this money because he "found another game he wanted that was closer." He offered to let me keep $50 for my trouble, but I refunded the full amount anyway. Emailed a few other Pinsiders that the game was available again, and it was actually picked up two days later by someone else. Not a huge deal to me, but definitely an inconvenience. Always worse when a deal requires shipping and arrangements are already made.
Some people get irritated when you ask about a game with no money or definite commitment offered, then change your mind, and I think that's ridiculous. At the point you were at, the deal is done (or at least a serious no B.S. verbal discussion has to be had about why he was backing out). Waking up to a payment refunded email without an explanation would definitely be frustrating. People do back out of purchases / sales, emergencies come up...shit happens. But the guy really should have considered whether he really wanted to sell the game before engaging people.

I woulda kept the 50 bucks. That's a better offer than you'd get from almost anybody busting a deal around here.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Isn't it like legally yours (yes, I know, only "technically") once the money changes hands?

Let's pretend that were actually true.

Lawyers don't work for free and it would hardly be worth the trouble. In the end he'd have a $5,000 Goldeneye, if he were lucky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-cold-feet?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.