2B368B15-24D5-4C81-9FBB-913C6DC86472 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210618-175149.png
Screenshot_20210618-162847.png
Screenshot_20210618-163408.png
Screenshot_20210618-155227.png
Screenshot_20210618-153043.png
77d5318b905cbfe802cafa46d0cd493e (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210618-145458.png
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#152 2 years ago

Let's see if he takes the bait

Screenshot_20210618-180454_Voice (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210618-180454_Voice (resized).jpg
#153 2 years ago

He’s telling me the price is $19.2K including shipping.

12EC79BA-6549-43F7-80C3-E4FD5874A267 (resized).png12EC79BA-6549-43F7-80C3-E4FD5874A267 (resized).png
#154 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I contacted the guy, but haven’t gone to the same lengths as TheHueManatee .
He just sent me 43 pics.

He’s playing both sides !!!

#155 2 years ago

I wonder if you could convince him you don’t trust banks, and want to pay in actual gold. Then convince him you’re gonna mail him a box of gold. (You could say it’s insured to make it more believable, as though it’s even believable whatsoever already.

#156 2 years ago

He a bit slower responding to me than kpg and ImNotNorm

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

He a bit slower responding to me than kpg and TheHueManatee

I’d love to know his price without the topper.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Let's see if he takes the bait
[quoted image]

OMFG I laughed so hard at your response!

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

He’s telling me the price is $19.2K including shipping.
[quoted image]

I feel cheated on by Charles.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I feel cheated on by Charles.

Exactly. You didn’t even get a last name.
Charles Hings ?

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. You didn’t even get a last name.
Charles Hings ?

Yes...that's what the email said. But he never actually told me.

#162 2 years ago

In. No response yet.

737A14A3-3496-4B8E-A1A0-D1B22DCA15C9 (resized).jpeg737A14A3-3496-4B8E-A1A0-D1B22DCA15C9 (resized).jpeg
#163 2 years ago

He's either wetting himself because he thinks he hit the jackpot....

....or he's finally figured out he's getting trolled.

Either one works for me

#164 2 years ago

He’s wetting himself...

#165 2 years ago

You should not have told him that you were friends, because now he can't sell the same item to both of you....

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You should not have told him that you were friends, because now he can't sell the same item to both of you....

No no...we want him to think he's going to sell the same pin 3 or 4 times!!!

Mo' money!!

P.S - I'm really curious what star trek pics he sent. If anyone interacting with him gets the pics please post them here.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mo' money!!
I'm really curious what star trek pics he sent.

If he hasn't replied recently, it's because he's out shopping for a new sports car with all the cash he thinks is headed his way.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So red flags I've used so far...
- Canadian phone number but lives in Montana
- clandestinely gets scammers phone number
- name Geoffrey Skilling
- rich farmer who sold land to Bill Gates
What's the over/under on red flags before he realizes I'm wasting his time??
A baker's dozen??

More red flags to add...

5 - Johnson rod connectors
6 - a brief discussion about my fat thumbs
7 - a sister who had a toe grafted onto her hand
8 - a different email for cell phone use
9 - tending the fields with my sister
10 - dropping "imamaculate" into the conversation (that's more of a p-inside joke or the result of fat thumbs)
11- more people contacting the scammer out of the blue willing to pay more

We're almost at a baker's dozen!!

#169 2 years ago

I offered $22,000 through Western Union if James backed out.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mo' money!!
P.S - I'm really curious what star trek pics he sent. If anyone interacting with him gets the pics please post them here.

Right, but if he thinks the buyers know each other.....

#171 2 years ago

I was wondering how this thread gained 4 pages. This is fun to read. Keep it up guys.

Edit:

It would be epic if you all can string him along enough so he's making excuses months later to why nothing has shipped. What are the common excuses; health issues, death in the family, sick dog, broken escalera, pandemic, etc.

#172 2 years ago

I think the gig is over, too many inquiries in but fun while it lasted

#173 2 years ago

One drunken night last summer, some friends and I hit up some poor scammer on craigslist, offering him insane things, like high quality goat eggs. Three of us were competing for the most over the top silliness. I should note that this was happening at 2am.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

One drunken night last summer, some friends and I hit up some poor scammer on craigslist, offering him insane things, like high quality goat eggs. Three of us were competing for the most over the top silliness. I should note that this was happening at 2am.

Always when adult beverages are involved!!!! LOL!

#175 2 years ago

I tried reeling him in one more time....but I think the hook came out. He's gone!

Screenshot_20210619-073650.pngScreenshot_20210619-073650.png

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

what a hoser move

Yah, I think the guy didn't want to ship it so he just went with a local buyer. I found one anyway with the original topper so it worked out anyway.

#177 2 years ago

I would bring the wingman…. Always.

You that guy trying to sell all that pinball? The situation escalates…

(Sorry to digress)

#179 2 years ago

pity as you all guys were to fast to bust him...
(losing) time is what is more precious for them, you could easily have make this last much longer, turning the situation around, he was the fish at the end

anyway, was funny and now got that strange feeling back again that i wanna buy a Baywatch

#180 2 years ago

I thought for sure I would ensnare him with my two ‘lols.’ Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

#181 2 years ago

The guy is savvy enough to remove the meta-data from the photos.

#182 2 years ago

Anyone get star trek pics before he went silent?

Just curious which pics he stole.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The guy is savvy enough to remove the meta-data from the photos.

Or maybe the only way he know how to save a picture is to take a screenshot.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Or maybe the only way he know how to save a picture is to take a screenshot.

Wouldn't taking a screenshot with your phone create meta data in the screenshotted image?

Wouldn't the only way to eliminate meta data would be too manipulate the properties of the file? Or use a paint/photoshop program to create a new image file out of the stolen one?

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Wouldn't taking a screenshot with your phone create meta data in the screenshotted image?
Wouldn't the only way to eliminate meta data would be too manipulate the properties of the file? Or use a paint/photoshop program to create a new image file out of the stolen one?

I didn’t look at all his photos, just a couple. But there are apps for your phone they can easily remove or modify the MetaData.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-photo-investigator/id571574618

#186 2 years ago

Need to see if you can send him a link so you can delete everything on his computer.

#187 2 years ago

Thanks a lot, my legs are now asleep from sitting on the shitter too long because I needed to catch up on this thread. Must read material here. Nice work everyone.

#188 2 years ago

Well I got contacted today by a brand new Pinside user responding to my wanted ad. Lets see... Hmmm, could this be a scammer? First red flag, brand new Pinside member, just joined today. Second red flag, member donated to Pinside (you know, so we can tell they are "serious"). My ad on the marketplace is looking for a Gottlieb Subway pin, and the third red flag is their user name they chose is "sellsubway". Forth red flag, their avatar is a random internet picture grab of a Subway pinball machine. The seller's name is Jake. I messaged "Jake"... waiting to see if he takes the bait... I'll keep you all posted...

#189 2 years ago

Lots of good sources for scammer hunting at this OSInt page: https://osintframework.com/

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well I got contacted today by a brand new Pinside user responding to my wanted ad. Lets see... Hmmm, could this be a scammer? First red flag, brand new Pinside member, just joined today. Second red flag, member donated to Pinside (you know, so we can tell they are "serious"). My ad on the marketplace is looking for a Gottlieb Subway pin, and the third red flag is their user name they chose is "sellsubway". Forth red flag, their avatar is a random internet picture grab of a Subway pinball machine. The seller's name is Jake. I messaged "Jake"... waiting to see if he takes the bait... I'll keep you all posted...

"Well she's a guy so..."

#191 2 years ago

lol "sellsubway" classic move. Wonder how many more accounts will be popping up soon with "sellstrangerthings", "selladdams", etc..

#192 2 years ago

I got a nibble...

[Image removed]

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I got a nibble...

I got this guy figured, our hooks had TOO much bait, his replies were short, almost curt. Be less specific and less wordy, drag out the line...

#194 2 years ago

Did he immediately want to take the transaction off pinside or was that your choice?

#195 2 years ago

Ok he sent these: a reverse search didn't find them... hmmm.... anyone in Syracuse? May need someone to kick the tires if this turns legit... <insert pipe dream here>

6625 (resized).jpeg6625 (resized).jpeg6627 (resized).jpeg6627 (resized).jpeg[Image with private info removed]

#196 2 years ago

He sent his phone number via the ad, so I have been suspicious from the start. Too many red flags right off the bat. Took it private to string him along, not expecting this to be anyways near legit. But then again, if he actually has a Subway, I am interested, just not "scammed out of $3-4k" interested. Lol.

#197 2 years ago

If the dude doesn't want to ship, then he sounds more legit.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

He sent his phone number via the ad, so I have been suspicious from the start. Too many red flags right off the bat. Took it private to string him along, not expecting this to be anyways near legit. But then again, if he actually has a Subway, I am interested, just not "scammed out of $3-4k" interested. Lol.

The EXIF data isn't in the Pinside image but it might be on the one that was sent to you. Check it. GPS coordinates may be there too.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The EXIF data isn't in the Pinside image but it might be on the one that was sent to you. Check it. GPS coordinates may be there too.

Pics were sent via sms, no exif data in them that I can see. But right now, I made an offer on the machine if it turns on and lights up. I actually may have a legit person trying to sell me a Subway. He said he has to go over to the house and try it to see what happens when he plugs it in, he won't be able to do that until Wednesday. Not something a scammer usually does (delay the sale).

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I got a nibble...
[Image removed]

Maybe you should do a quick search on CL, FB, etc in his area and see if he has it posted local.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seller-check-possible-scam-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.