42%
  • Sell TAF and try to save money for AFM 10 votes
    16%
  • Sell CFTBL and try to save money for AFM 19 votes
    30%

(64 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hi together,

since this weekend i'm brainfucked from AFM. but i need some space and money...

Now i thinking about to sell my TAF and my Creech to refund a nice AFM.

But i'm not sure.. If it is worth doing this.

Pros for Taf and cftbl

1. TAF was the machine bring me to pinball
2. TAF love theme + TAF is a alltime classic
3. CFTBL is an awesome Theme
4. CFTBL is the one more ball thing

Cons:

1. TAF is about 5 months not played cause it needs some work and no problem for me
2. TAF is not in this condition as my others games are.
3. CFTBL is not so deep and get a bit old after some playtime
4. CFTBL is also not in the condition as my other games

So it's a hard decision cause i be scared that AFM get old fast, cause 2 games are more varied then one.

What would you do?

#2 7 years ago

All a mater of perspective (your personal preferances) and condition of the games. I'd never trade my TAF for a AFM as I feel TAF is the superior game (my personal preferance).

I assume the prospective trade is nearby to you? If you have to do international shipping and what not I'd factor that hassle in to the decision making process for you (shipping games domestically alone sucks, couldn't imagine international).

#3 7 years ago

This is a tough decision and ultimately one that you will need to decide on your own.

I would personally have a hard time trading two machines for one but condition is everything, and if the two machines you have are worth about the same as a decent AFM then I would consider it.

Keep in mind though that AFM is the rumored CGC next title which could have a negative effect on the current value of the Bally machine, just as MMR had on its original counterpart.

#4 7 years ago

Save up some cash, sell CFTBL, keep TAF and add an AFM. TAF and AFM are both great games.

#5 7 years ago

I have all 3 and if I had to sell Creech would be the last to go.

#6 7 years ago

Such cool games. Hard to tell. 2 for 1 does sound kind of depressing for any situation though, no?

I think I would hold onto them, personally.

#7 7 years ago

I would keep TAF and Creech, I like AFM but it's over-priced imo and I don't enjoy it as much as the other two games.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is a tough decision and ultimately one that you will need to decide on your own.

Keep in mind though that AFM is the rumored CGC next title which could have a negative effect on the current value of the Bally machine, just as MMR had on its original counterpart.

I say keep what you have and wait unless you can trade with some on local for a while ie loaner swap type deal. TAF is one that everybody wants so if you do sell it may have a harder time getting another one. I have played all 3 and would buy them if price was right but i not paying the current price even if i had the money. I personally think they are way high just because everybody wants one and someone will always pay more then the next clown.

#9 7 years ago

Thank you for your help.

a friend of mine will maybe buy my creech and he lives 10 Minutes from me, i can play it every time and have a buykback Option.

So TAF will stay and i put some time in it and make it playable and enjoy it.

Try to save some money and hoping for an AFMR to See what happens with AFM prices.

#10 7 years ago

Where is the option to forget about AFM because TAF is 3x's the game AFM ever will be?

#11 7 years ago

Ok this was not an opinion, but i have 2 friends where i can play afm , so no hurry and i can come down from my fix idea

#12 7 years ago

Keep CFTBL, ditch TAF & save your $.

#13 7 years ago

TAF + CFTBL > AFM.....I sold my AFM to get TFTC (plus pocket cash for something else in the future)...for me TFTC is keeping me more entertained than AFM did (which is still a great pin)...t

#14 7 years ago

Love afm and its my favorite pin. Sold cftbl with no regrets and like tz better than addams.
Lots of addams families made compared bto original afm so if i cld get a good deal on one i wld do it. Games get stale after a while so why not change thing's up?

#15 7 years ago

Of course, all great games. I've had all three and sold the TAF recently to help fund another pin purchase. Still have the AFM and Creech. Had TAF for 10 years or so and put a lot of games on it. Decided it was time to change it up a bit. Can't go wrong with any of them.

#16 7 years ago

TAF is king of the hill in my book!

4 months later
#17 7 years ago

so decision made.

TAF --> sold
CFTBL --> as good as sold

AFM --> got a nice offer about 5800$

So i will go AFM now - and maybe next year some new stuff like GB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-taf-cftbl-to-refund-afm?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.