• sm/nascar 2 votes
    3%
  • XMLE 12 votes
    17%
  • Congo/Nascar and cash in hand 3 votes
    4%

(72 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

My best friends brothers wife knows a girl whose husband works with a guy that is a WOZ buyer.
He is excited about the game but is somewhat troubled by the delays and the "sounds" of the game in the latest video.

He has some interest in XM. His favorite game is SM. He also enjoys Congo and Nascar.

He also knows where he can buy all of these 4 games.

It is YOUR money, what would YOU do?

Hi, by the way. I don't post much but like the site.

James

#2 11 years ago

8 votes and no comments...funny, I am tired of the arguing too.

#3 11 years ago

I'd stay the course, because I'm not an impatient poo-nanny.

#4 11 years ago

Wait until Stern releases a NASCAR themed Spiderman and Xmen vs. the Great Apes.

#5 11 years ago

I voted "stay the course."

I wouldn't be troubled by the delays. Frustrated maybe. But the game will definitely arrive at some point. And looks to be of a very high quality.

As for the sounds... what did "that guy" expect? It's a Wizard of Oz pin. I think it sounds exactly as it should.

#6 11 years ago

If his favorite game is spiderman, he should own a spiderman. Why is that even a question? And if that gives him money left over to buy a congo or such, he should go do that. When WoZ comes out, he can always sell off those thing and get a WoZ at that time.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the plug, stangbat. On phone, cannot quote...

#8 11 years ago

it's a coin-toss. Does he keep the order, and sell it off if he doesn't like it (heck, maybe it'll surprise a lot of people and suddenly become high demand), in which case he could profit. If he cancels his order, then realizes it IS a good game, will he be able to get one?

#9 11 years ago

I want a NASCAR...I think I am the only one......I love Congo also....big sleeper game...gonna go up like TS has in value. With that said though..I would hold my horses and go through with the WOZ purchase...he can move it always if he doesn't like it. Plus more than likely for higher than the price tag he paid.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If his favorite game is spiderman, he should own a spiderman.

Maybe he already does?

Based on the choices you presented I say stick with WOZ. If he in fact does not own an SM, then he should go with that. SM is in rarified air as far as pins go. I hope WOZ reaches the same heights, but I have my doubts.

#11 11 years ago

I would buy SM and congo or XM and then start saving and if you like WOZ after playing it then buy it outright or sell one or two games to buy it. There is no real ETA for WOZ it is really up to him it is not like all mentioned titles would not sell quickly on the marketplace.

#12 11 years ago

Since it is MY money, I haven't pre-ordered a WOZ yet.

I WILL own an WOZ someday. I think it looks absolutely stunning, and I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how it plays when it comes out. No insider knowledge, just that I feel like I can look at a prototype and see future potential where a lot of people don't seem to do that. It looks great, and will only get better.

But I generally never pre-order machines. I'm okay with missing out on the bling and getting one a few months after it is out or even a little later so I can figure out both money and space for it.

I did instead order an XMLE. I love Borg games, and I think that the limited nature of that one will make it nearly impossible to find in a few months.

So.... if he wants the bling, stay the course. If not, get something now, and rebuy later... just knowing that the eye candy and value of the WoZ that he ends up with might not be as amazing as the one he could have had.

#13 11 years ago

Stay, it has been this long. The "sounds" are nothing we will see in the final product. Keith mentioned the sounds are far from final that they are showing in the production update.

Edit: forgot to add buy as many of the others as possible while staying on WOZ. I would jump at SM or XM.

#14 11 years ago

I'm agreeing with goatdan here go xmle. Its possible that woz will become hard to get ahold of later but after playing xmen le 1.2 I don't know why there are any available anywhere. It is absolutely amazing and we're just at 1.2!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-stay-the-course and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.