Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG
one-million-dollars-o.gif
Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 8.10.37 PM.png
IMG_0087.JPG
shark.png
bigglesworth.png
DR. E.png

#1 6 years ago

I gots the dollas to make you hollas...

2 months later
#2 6 years ago

Never hurts to keep asking

2 weeks later
#3 6 years ago

DR. E.png
#4 6 years ago

$1m? dude i think i can make that happen then

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

$1m? dude i think i can make that happen then

That's 1 billion

#6 6 years ago

You guys have been holding out on me

I didn't realize CPR made these things out of gold........

Anybody?

#7 6 years ago

I have a first run cpr pf i just aquired with a game I plan on restoring... Hate to see what a pf is worth

#8 6 years ago

Please place the $1B in an escrow account and I will give you information.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have a first run cpr pf i just aquired with a game I plan on restoring... Hate to see what a pf is worth

You don't need to restore that machine

#10 6 years ago

FYI - If it sweetens the deal I'll include Mr. Bigglesworth in addition to the $$$ for the right playfield.

#11 6 years ago

pics of mr. bigglesworth next to today's newpaper for proof of life please and then we can discuss terms

#12 6 years ago

I know this is no place for serious questions, but what is the easiest way to discern a the two runs of reproduction Fathom playfields?

I know that the first run of 100 playfields by Halifax Pinball was their first playfield reproduction and was a learning process. I've read that the wood wasn't quite as thick as the originals, that some of the art was sourced from the prototype and may not be aligned just right. I've also read some disputes about the color of some of the inserts. And I've read that the clear coat was thin and left a little to be desired.

I've gathered that the second run is the one to get... but how do you distinguish the two?

Thanks!

#13 6 years ago

A few are being run soon at CPR if you got in the preorder. Maybe a few more if interest is there doesn't hurt to shoot an email to Kevin.
I reserved one as my game is in need badly.
Looks like only 20 are being run soon.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#14 6 years ago

First run was thinner plywood thus some people had screws going through.
Pinball life had one at the open house at expo, don't know if it sold.

#15 6 years ago

The next 20 of the cpr wont have the underside painted grey either but should be the best quality of hardwood, i noticed with some earlier CPR playfields they were pretty soft and got dimples from the ball at least on Xenon they did unsure about earlier Fathoms.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

A few are being run soon at CPR if you got in the preorder. Maybe a few more if interest is there doesn't hurt to shoot an email to Kevin.I reserved one as my game is in need badly.Looks like only 20 are being run soon.http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

I contacted Stu and he told me I'm SOL (not his exact words mind you). I also emailed CPR directly, but got no response. I don't understand limiting the run to 20 units, seems silly to me. They couldn't sell extra inventory to a few distributors like Marco? Oh well, now I'm going to have to reach deep in my pockets and pony up some cash.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I know this is no place for serious questions, but what is the easiest way to discern a the two runs of reproduction Fathom playfields?
I know that the first run of 100 playfields by Halifax Pinball was their first playfield reproduction and was a learning process. I've read that the wood wasn't quite as thick as the originals, that some of the art was sourced from the prototype and may not be aligned just right. I've also read some disputes about the color of some of the inserts. And I've read that the clear coat was thin and left a little to be desired.
I've gathered that the second run is the one to get... but how do you distinguish the two?
Thanks!

Serious questions are welcome, just having some fun at my expense

The first run had some registration issues with black bordering around a few inserts. I’ve also been told that many of the inserts were streaky (white lines in them) in the first run. Not sure about the playfield thickness or any other issues with artwork discrepancies.

#18 6 years ago

I sold my last two years ago. They had all types of production issues.

Fathom was CPR's learning curve playfield. Keep that in mind before you shell out the big bucks.

Good luck!

#19 6 years ago

Mike, Not even close to what I said.......

Hi Stu,
I decided to keep my Fathom. If CPR ever makes anymore playfields I'd love to purchase one.
Regards,
Mike

Mike,
Did you get on the Request Page for a new Fathom PF ?
http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

Stu,
No, guess I'll need to do that. Any idea when new playfields would be manufactured?

Mike,
it's too late to get on the Request as it's Full/Closed now, it closed about 2 weeks ago....

Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I contacted Stu and he told me I'm SOL (not his exact words mind you).

We didn't Re-Run this playfield, this was a "Pilot Test" for setting up our new CNC Machine, we had to use 'something' for Testing, so we used Fathom/Xenon.....
Here is the Description from the Request Page of the site "This very small run was only to pilot-test our new CNC equipment installed this fall. Since the pilot did create some good playfields, we are only finishing what turned out."
http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

I don't understand limiting the run to 20 units, seems silly to me

#20 6 years ago

I hope you get one Mike, they make a quality product over there at the old CPR. I am still admiring my WW playfield Compared to the IPB SS POS I got it looks like a billion dollars.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Mike, Not even close to what I said.......
Hi Stu,I decided to keep my Fathom. If CPR ever makes anymore playfields I'd love to purchase one.Regards,Mike
Mike,Did you get on the Request Page for a new Fathom PF ?http://classicplayfields.com/order.html
Stu,No, guess I'll need to do that. Any idea when new playfields would be manufactured?
Mike,it's too late to get on the Request as it's Full/Closed now, it closed about 2 weeks ago....

So, basically I’m SOL

Timing is everything right? My poor timing isn’t CPR’s fault, sorry if my post was misconstrued. It wasn’t meant to be an attack, just an observation. Keep up the good work, my time will come – just not today

#22 6 years ago

From what i understand stu is right they are making this short run to test out the new machine before they start making the TOTAN playfields i guess the old one didnt have the capabilities to make the totans. so they made 20 centaur, 20 fathom, are making 30 xenon and some strikes and spares becouse they had extra inserts for these titles.
the run is to test and calibrate the new CNC machine and it supposed to do a better job cutting playfields now in future.

If it helps mike i am on the list for one of the fathom playfields, i do have a very nice playfield already in my machine but want a fresh CPR in mine. When i get it swapped out i could prolly give you a good deal on it or could sell it restored and cleared. but might take maybe summer/fall.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

From what i understand stu is right they are making this short run to test out the new machine before they start making the TOTAN playfields i guess the old one didnt have the capabilities to make the totans. so they made 20 centaur, 20 fathom, are making 30 xenon and some strikes and spares becouse they had extra inserts for these titles.the run is to test and calibrate the new CNC machine and it supposed to do a better job cutting playfields now in future.
If it helps mike i am on the list for one of the fathom playfields, i do have a very nice playfield already in my machine but want a fresh CPR in mine. When i get it swapped out i could prolly give you a good deal on it or could sell it restored and cleared. but might take maybe summer/fall.

I appreciate the offer. Keep me posted on your restoration, love reading resto threads.

To clarify, I'm just glad CPR exists. Without them these classic 80s machines wouldn't get the love they deserve. Congrats on the new pf.

#24 6 years ago

You don't need to restore that machine

Your right I don't need too. It would be my first non dmd machine... I'm not sure which copy it is I'm told its the better one. $3k would pry it from my hands lol

#25 6 years ago

If a Fathom playfield is worth a billion dollars, my Centaur playfield has to be worth $950M, right?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If a Fathom playfield is worth a billion dollars, my Centaur playfield has to be worth $950M, right?

$10k by Christmas.

#27 6 years ago

Wow, I wana jump in on this band wagon...I have 2 New CPR Centaur PF's I'll let go for $9,500 for the Pair....+ Shipping of course.....

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Wow, I wana jump in on this band wagon...I have 2 New CPR Centaur PF's I'll let go for $9,500 for the Pair....+ Shipping of course.....

No Mermaids no $$$

Sorry, dive again.......

#29 6 years ago

I have a brand new CPR repro playfield from their last run that I probably won't use. I hadn't thought of selling it until I read your post, not the price, but how bad you seem to want one. Only trouble is I'm a long way from you and shipping wouldn't be cheap from Australia to the USA.

#30 6 years ago

I'm swapping my CPR Fathom playfield right now. I wonder if the new ones are going to have the correct hole size for the lamp sockets or they will be too small like all of the previous CPR playfields that are supposed to be designed for 555 sockets?

It's not a show-stopper but it is a minor PITA to have to open them all up with a Dremel tool. Not to mention that every time you do one, you risk screwing up the clear coat if you aren't careful.

All in all, I like my CPR Fathom playfield which came from the last full run. Nice and flat and the artwork is beautiful.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pics of mr. bigglesworth next to today's newpaper for proof of life please and then we can discuss terms

He is still alive an kicking

bigglesworth.png
#33 6 years ago

I’m looking for the extra rare Kruzman playfield, the one where Ron put a freaking laser beam on the shark’s head

shark.png
#34 6 years ago

There's too much winking going on in this thread, and not enough rage

#35 6 years ago

He is still alive an kicking

bigglesworth.png 428 KB

I would have given you a thumbs up, but for all I know that's a photo that you took 16 years ago. there's no proof of life and besides that, that cat looks really old and wrinkled. I thought that I was going to get a new cat out of this deal, not some geriatric feline version of a shar pei

#36 6 years ago

I’m looking for the extra rare Kruzman playfield, the one where Ron put a freaking laser beam on the shark’s head shark.png 663 KB

Havn't seen that one, but I do have the Kruzman R rated version.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi
269-979-3836

IMG_0087.JPG
#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Havn't seen that one, but I do have the Kruzman R rated version.
John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi269-979-3836

IMG_0087.JPG 55 KB

Yes, this would look great in my machine

#38 6 years ago

John i see you finally got your Fathom PF Congrats

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

John i see you finally got your Fathom PF Congrats

Yes, it's very nice. Congrats John.

#40 6 years ago

Ok, lets get serious. No more goofing around.....

I'm prepared to offer up the perfect March Madness Bracket that Warren Buffett has been looking for. Anybody want my billion dollar bracket?

Send me your playfield and I'll email you the bracket.

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 8.10.37 PM.png

2 weeks later
#41 6 years ago

Oh baby... I got one on the hook

#42 5 years ago

Big thanks to Pinballer73 for hooking me up. I promise I'll make good use of the playfield.

#43 5 years ago

We better get a restoration thread from this! I am missing the one you started awile back. Doesn't seem any new content has been put there in awile.

#44 5 years ago

You forgot the GIF

one-million-dollars-o.gif

#45 5 years ago

Congrats Mike!!

#46 5 years ago

Well I guess it's OK that I went ahead and installed mine...

IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0298.JPG
#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

IMG_0296.JPG 98 KB

IMG_0298.JPG 91 KB

Nice... That will be me soon - I hope

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

We better get a restoration thread from this! I am missing the one you started awile back. Doesn't seem any new content has been put there in awile.

Been busy with the MODs lately. Still working on the MM and a few other machines though. I'll definitely do a thread just for Fathom. Plus, I might be doing a PF swap on a Voltan later in the year.

#49 5 years ago

Nice... That will be me soon - I hope

I converted my Fathom from 555 bulbs to 44/47. Did my GI with frosted white LED's. Makes the game "real" blue.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

IMG_0296.JPG 98 KB

IMG_0298.JPG 91 KB

why did you install that? it was worth a billion dollars.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside