1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shredso
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I am seriously considering selling my lotr to fund an Iron Maiden or possibly a Houdini. Just wondering what people think. Lotr is going to my brother in law so I will be able to play it a few times a year and I have first option to buy it back later. I have been wanting an IM for a while and played both the pro ( recently) and the premium ( a while ago) and love both but think I’d most likely go the premium route. I think the game will be good especially in a small collection (2-4 games typically)
    I also played Houdini and really enjoyed it but am nervous since I only played it a few times.

#2 1 year ago

I sold my LOTR to buy an Iron Maiden pro and I have never looked back. LOTR is a great game but I was finding my games going really long and not feeling like I needed to play a second game when I fired it up. Iron Maiden is just the opposite and has a "just one more game" feeling every time. I have a small collection too, and it's currently paired with Williams Indiana Jones. I think it was a great decision.

#3 1 year ago

I own both and have previously owned LOTR. IMDN is absolutely awesome, and fast/chaotic and fun to play. So is Houdini. I’d say IMDN is a little more predictible in terms of the shots, and while it is super fun, most games are pretty much the same. Houdini, on the Other hand, is different every time. But Damn is it hard. I doubt you’d regret trading in LOTR for either. Make sure you play a couple more games on Houdini so you understand the unique shots and how you really have to play with a lot of nuance to get the shots. You can’t just blast the ball everywhere like on most games. For certain shots you have to really be very gentle. Game is awesome

#4 1 year ago

LOTR is a great game, but I don't miss it at all. If you are considering letting it go, and can visit it if you miss it, it's a no brainer. Maiden is awesome. Very different, very fresh. I think it's a keeper. I wasn't crazy about Houdini. Seems like they are taking a hit on the secondary market. Maiden all the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside