Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Both are in about the same very good condition. I owned by JM for about 3 years now and don't play it much. I am going to sell it anyway. But was originally going to buy a couple of classics as I am on a classic SS kick right now. However, a buddy is selling his BSD in similar condition and price. I don't have time to go put more plays on the BSD due to the holidays and work and he is about an hour away. I don't normally ask for buying advice but I don't have much time on BSD and no time to test it so asking for advice.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Both are in about the same very good condition. I owned by JM for about 3 years now and don't play it much. I am going to sell it anyway. But was originally going to buy a couple of classics as I am on a classic SS kick right now. However, a buddy is selling his BSD in similar condition and price. I don't have time to go put more plays on the BSD due to the holidays and work and he is about an hour away. I don't normally ask for buying advice but I don't have much time on BSD and no time to test it so asking for advice.

BSD flows better, and has great multiball stacking. The video mode, is not too terrible, and you won't see it that often.
"30 MILLION", is a rush to hear, and never gets old. Eventually though, you will get tired of BSD, but that is the cycle.

I like JM, but the glove trick really stops the action, often.
If The Matrix kits were available, I'd be all over getting a JM.

#3 2 years ago

Johnny snoremonic vs BSD? It's like Tyson vs Frazier total blowout!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

But was originally going to buy a couple of classics as I am on a classic SS kick right now.

Go for it.

#5 2 years ago

BSD much better than JM, you won't regret it!

#6 2 years ago

Own both and would take JM over BSD everyday. JM is one of the best flowing machines ever built and the glove is there to give you a breather.

BSD is good also but kind of a 1 trick pony of just trying to stack everything. Fun challenge but I prefer the layout and code of JM, with more to shoot for.

#7 2 years ago

Dracula all the way. I am wanting one as well !

#8 2 years ago

I traded my JM for a BSD and don't regret it at all.

I'm also a horror fan and had a strange fascination with the movie, video game, and pinball as a kid.

but I would love to own a JM again and put it next to BSD.

I still prefer BSD over JM, even if the code is more shallow. BSD is a quick game, reminds me of a an EM in a way, and the pursuit for the triple stack is still enjoyable after owning and playing the game a lot before that.

JM is Great but BSD will complement any collection well. its shallow and will kick your ass but when everything clicks there's nothing like it.

I have thought getting rid of it from time to time, but I know I would only want to get it again.

Sorry for my long post and bias to drac and I haven't said anything about it that hasn't been said before but If they are the only 2 games at a bar the BSD will get more quarters out of me than JM.

#9 2 years ago

Have owned both and bsd has been here the longest of any pin in my collection. Its just a super well done pin that has awesome music, dots and callouts. Gameplay is fast and brutal and hard to conquer. Jm is fun but got old very quickly and didn't last long in my collection.

#10 2 years ago

Go for it.nothing wrong with changing it up especially if
Jm is not getting played

#11 2 years ago

A variety of opinions here but you should go with your gut. Sounds like you're bored of JM and ready for a change. BSD is a great game so you can't go wrong!

#12 2 years ago

Yes, next question

#13 2 years ago

I own both... JM is one of my favorite games. Really love BSD too.... but JM has way more going for it.

Flow on JM is off the charts... along with strategy.

That said, sounds like JM has become a paper weight in your collection. If you like games like Iron Man, you'all be happy with BSD. Have to like trying to achieve simple but hard to pull off objectives.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

BSD is a quick game, reminds me of a an EM in a way, and the pursuit for the triple stack is still enjoyable after owning and playing the game a lot before that.

That's my opinion. BSD was made at the start of mode based gameplay becoming standard and feels totally opposite of that. It has the feel of an early SS but with the sounds and animations of a DMD. The problem is it's priced more like a DMD than a SS so you'll have to make a judgement if it's worth that much to you.

I played JM for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The Glove was really cool and hitting the ramp shots over and over was fun. I'd like to put more time into it but it seemed like a good game. The one problem I found with it was the way the ball would come out of the pops and trickle between the ramp and Crazy Bob scoop. Gomez games always have these little areas that seem ill thought out or unfinished. The movie is a guilty pleasure so I love the theme.

If you're gonna sell JM anyway, you could trade for BSD and if or when you get tired of it, sell it for the classic Ballys.

#15 2 years ago

Thanks all, guy doesn't want to trade so I have to wait til JM sells

#16 2 years ago

Since you want to sell JM anyway, I'd recommend getting the BSD. Even if you hate it, it's a easy game to sell, and I'm sure there are people that'd trade a couple early SS games for a BSD. (I would)

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's my opinion. BSD was made at the start of mode based gameplay becoming standard and feels totally opposite of that. It has the feel of an early SS but with the sounds and animations of a DMD. The problem is it's priced more like a DMD than a SS so you'll have to make a judgement if it's worth that much to you.
I played JM for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The Glove was really cool and hitting the ramp shots over and over was fun. I'd like to put more time into it but it seemed like a good game. The one problem I found with it was the way the ball would come out of the pops and trickle between the ramp and Crazy Bob scoop. Gomez games always have these little areas that seem ill thought out or unfinished. The movie is a guilty pleasure so I love the theme.
If you're gonna sell JM anyway, you could trade for BSD and if or when you get tired of it, sell it for the classic Ballys.

It has that feel because the right orbit can lead up to the pops where the ball bounces left and right before going down lanes.

But it does have a modern feel. Two scoops, hidden drop, lifting ramp, ramp diverted... virtual ball lock... physical ball lock... subway...of course the mist magnet. To say it's priced more like a DMD isn't really accurate. Just shop a BSD and you'll see it has a ton of complexity.

#18 2 years ago

I don't see the feel of an early SS. Compared to something modern like star trek BSD is seriously packed with mechs, gadgets and subways.

#19 2 years ago

I am picking up a super nice JM tomorrow. I would trade it for BSD on my way home if I could find one. Love never dies!

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

of course the mist magnet.

I like to remind people that idea came from an EM 20 years before. You know just to show off my knowledge while chewing on the end of a pipe.

pasted_image (resized).png

Sega's Galaxy with the ball traveling on the magnet midway through it's arc.

image-3 (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

BSD is the most played game in my collection and it never seems to get old. I have been looking around for JMs though. Let me know if you don't find a buyer for yours. KS isn't too far away

#22 2 years ago

He sold it. Might have a buyer for mine. Looks like the hunt for a couple classics is back on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 50.00
4,299 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Radford, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 14.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 5.00
$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside