3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

You never mentioned your moving plans. Are you buying or renting somewhere else?

Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't want to deal with daily BS from renters.

You absolutely need a management company. There are probably dozens in the area you can choose from. Just like a realtor, do your homework before picking one. If it's furnished, find a corporate housing broker, if they still exist.

You may have some success AirBnB, but there may not be a market in your area if there aren't any comps in your town. A house not on the beach or close to a park isn't going to be a big draw for short term rentals considering how many units there are in the state. Also look at the occupancy of the houses in the next town. If they aren't booked 3 out of 4 weeks, you wont make any money on the rentals. I think AirBnB charges 3%, but you will still need a management company to clean, maintain the house, and take care of emergencies.

We have a vacation home 90 miles away and I would have sold it or taken it off the market if I didn't have a management company to deal with stupid renters. And don't plan on ever wanting your furnishings back after it's rented a while.

Too many questions on the capital gains point to make suggestions - like what's your age, marital status, estimated appreciation, next purchase time frame etc. It's unlikely you have 500K in appreciation, so it may not be a big issue anyway. At least not for 3 years . Do your research somewhere that's not a pinball site.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-it-rent-it-or-airbnb-it?tu=Black_Knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.