• Keep creature 49 votes
    60%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL_pf.jpg
CFTBL.,.jpg
CFTBL,.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

What game better captures a slice of Americana like Creech? Drive-ins, monster movies, dates at the drive-in with moves and making out and the tilt demand, sneaking people in, parking lot confrontations, tot playground for families, snack bar, etc.
Dan

That was 60 years ago.

Today our culture is far more Family Guy than "Grease".

Ah, the 50's... The last push of American petro electric fiat awesomeness. Damn you corn syrup & Jersey Shore!!!!!

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That was 60 years ago.
Today our culture is far more Family Guy than "Grease".
Ah, the 50's... The last push of American petro electric fiat awesomeness. Damn you corn syrup & Jersey Shore!!!!!

You are seizing an opportunity to spew from a petty pulpit where it doesn't exist. "Why" would be really interesting to understand. Not liking the pin, you attack an era based on the "improvement" of today's conundrum of culture. Did you really mean to do that? It is okay if you do not like Creech. Criticize it for its merits as a pin, not as an ambassador of an era you disrespect for whatever reason. Never seen Family Guy, but would like to play the pin, but I am sure it is another in the string that started with "All in the Family", "Married with Children", "The Simpsons" that started with a point to be considered and have just become entertainment with little value otherwise. We want to avoid what provokes thought, and we want to further avoidance of thought with entertainment.

I do not have a fondness for that era, it is a fondness for the pin capturing AN era and doing it well. I don't care what era it is, just happens to be 50-60s in Creech. If a pin captured satirically the social unrest of the 60s and 70s or the resultant lack of social concern in the 80s or greed of 90s or division of the 2000s, so be it. I think in the latter part of the 50s and 60s America viewed itself as fairly omnipotent. Much of the public was innocent and naive. The plethora of monster movies in the 60s maybe filled a need for us to feel fear, since everyday life was perceived as fairly secure. Except for the Cold War, of course, which filled me with fear for sure. Capturing something specific about America's development was my point. Pinball mostly is an American institution and artform reflecting the culture. (No intention to exclude foreign manufacturers and hobbyists.) Why is there such a fixation on superheroes in entertainment today? One could say nostalgia, but to fill in the need for heroes in real live, which are sparse anymore of course depending on where you look and what you are looking for. Think about the monster movies from Japan after world war II. Same dynamic there. What do you think the need for Godzilla was? Maybe to displace the general fear of having to reexperience the horrors of the A bomb on a fictional target. I am just free flowing new ideas here.

As far as TV reflecting culture, oxymoronic at best. TV and media mold the thinking of the more mindless by those skilled at mass manipulation while selling something. Thanks for proving the point. Never liked "Grease." Enjoy your pantheon of guidos.

Have fun seeking other windmills to fight. Speaking of Don Quixote, I think he is appearing with Pitbull soon.

Myopia and cynicism, always a winning combination.

Dan

#53 11 years ago

Dude I don't know what the Eff you're talking about...

Thanks for the Unabomber style manifesto though.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude I don't know what the Eff you're talking about...
Thanks for the Unabomber style manifesto though.

Well, you do not seem to know what either of us are talking about. A manifesto is a declaration of how the author thinks and feels something should be. Pretty sure I stayed on how I think things are and mostly on not how I think they should be. Obviously your reading comprehension is a little off. Off to the killfile with you since you are antagonistic and cannot carry on an intelligent exchange when faced with your own inanity.

Bye bye.....

Dan

#55 11 years ago

I am going to have to say Family Guy.

The artwork on both packages are fantastic though.

I love my Family Guy. It just keeps me coming back for more and more. It's the most played pin I have. Whenever we have company.. everyone flocks to it.

The shots, the sound, the callouts are hysterical. Stewie pinball can be a real bitch sometimes. I installed a smaller ball for Stewie play field and it the ball does not bounce all over the place. I find that to be a big help with the shots. IPACAC is FREAKIN' AWESOME.

It has real drop targets and sensor targets. An awesome set of bumpers, Strong ass flippers. 6 ball mulitball.. Hello

Honestly. IMHO I think it is the best Stern.

and BTW it's hard.. I still have not gotten Sperm Mulitball..had it NIB since 2007

#56 11 years ago

We'll creech is gone but the seller backed out on family guy so back to the drawing board but hey I have some cash and hunting the next pin is half the fun !!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

We'll creech is gone but the seller backed out on Family Guy so back to the drawing board but hey I have some cash and hunting the next pin is half the fun !!

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but 4.5 K buys a lot of game. Lots to choose from. What about a pair of "BFTB" games if you have room?

Dan

#58 11 years ago

a pair of "BFTB" games

I am drawing a blank whats this ???

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

a pair of "BFTB" games
I am drawing a blank whats this ???

Sorry, got lazy and may not even be used widely. Bang for the Buck.

Dan

#60 11 years ago

Family Guy is the better game. CFTBL is ok if you have a bigger collection. Also, CFTBL is a ticking time bomb of doom.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

CFTBL is a ticking time bomb of doom.

What a great way to put it!! Made me really crack up.

Truer words never spoken.

Dan

#62 11 years ago

I have to agree with some of the guys on here. CFTBL is just not as friendly of a pin as FG. FG has its quirks, buts its pretty solid and simple for the most part.

CFTBL is HARD. Hard enough that a non-pin head would probably play 1 game and walk away. I have put a few (maybe 10?) games in total across a few different machines and I have never really cared for it. The theme, awesome, the game play, meh.

#63 11 years ago

I love CFTBL, but truly don't like FG. FG has absolutely no flow to it, just a gang of toys and some funny audio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-cftbl-and-get-family-guy-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.