(Topic ID: 152758)

Sell a Scared Stiff to get a WOZ ?

By jeff_286

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Scared Stiff is a game I'd have and keep for a short time, whereas WOZ is a game I could keep for a very long time.

#52 8 years ago

I'd sell off my Scared Stiff for $8500 & buy a RRWOZ in a heartbeat...... Edited

#53 8 years ago

I have a WOZ ECLE up for sale, but am considering a trade for an MMR or STLE. If someone wanted to trade directly for a SS I wouldn't do it all. Not that SS is a bad game- its just a better location game that you can walk up and have fun, but doesn't have the longevity of a home use game to me. It gets a bit old after a while. Great game, but for someone like myself who only has room for 3-4 pins tops, I need games that can stand the test of time- as far as rule depth and gameplay.

#54 8 years ago

Since when did ss get so expensive? They are usually between 5-6 depending on mods and condition. Woz is all over the place but in general 7-8500 seems like a good average. Woz has a very nice rule set that cld keep you busy for a long time and while ss is fun it tends to get old quickly . If you can do a straight trade id say hell yea

#55 8 years ago

i like Scared Stiff a lot, but the ruleset is really simple. WOZ will keep you busy for years.

#56 8 years ago

Everyone rules SS, that's the problem! I played one game yesterday, got to Monster MB on ball 1, played for a half hour, and was too exhausted to just do it all again. I totally love Scared Stiff on location for a game or two, but I play it the same way every time and my games last too long for me to personally ever own.

Just my personal opinion as someone who prefers harder games for home use. When I get WOZ rocking with multiple stacked multiball modes and I'm making my shots on multiple playfields at once it's a rare and thrilling feeling. Rocking SS can boil down to a longer, controlled Monster Multiball, which I'll get to once every few games and once I do I'll feel done playing it for the day.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Since when did ss get so expensive? They are usually between 5-6 depending on mods and condition. Woz is all over the place but in general 7-8500 seems like a good average. Woz has a very nice rule set that cld keep you busy for a long time and while ss is fun it tends to get old quickly . If you can do a straight trade id say hell yea

Yeah, I was just assuming cash would be added on the side of the Scared Stiff.

#58 8 years ago

I have a new in box recently manufacturerd Woz standard that I would love to trade toward a classic Bally Williams like Scared Stiff ot TOTAN that people claim or shallow but they are still fun. Woz is fun too so what's the issue. PM and I can meet in person for the swap.

Thanks
Buddy

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Since when did ss get so expensive?

As soon as I said I wanted to buy one, I have that affect on pin prices apparently. I saw them selling fairly frequently for under $6K but now everyone of them I see listed is at or close to $8K with some being even higher and I just don't think it's worth it.

#60 8 years ago

I wouldn't sell a Vacation America to go towards a WoZ

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I wouldn't sell a Vacation America to go towards a WoZ

That's funny.

You guys do realize that "easy" games can be set up to be more difficult?

I preordered a WOZECLE. Sure was pretty, once it finally got here. I tried to convince myself I loved it, I really did, but there were too many little things that bothered me about it. I won't repeat the litany here. I've already spent more time typing about the game than playing it, counting the wait.

I did play it a lot when I got it, but in the end it had too many little annoyances and one day I realized I hadn't played it in a month. It was too much money sitting there not getting played, so away it went. I didn't lose money on it, so I'm not complaining.

I just can't quite get on board with this whole idea that superlative pinball now consists of trying to get as many modes going at once as you can while a series of weirdly staccato video clips from an 80 year old movie repeat on a screen interminably.

I want a SS someday. It's the funniest pin I can remember playing.

Another WOZ? Meh, maybe. If they'd add an option so that just lighting TNPLH gives the damn ball back, it'd help, but I don't see that happening, someone at JJP has a recto-cranial objection to the idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

£ 37.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sell-a-scared-stiff-to-get-a-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.