Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jbovenzi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it time for Seinfeld: The Pinball?”

• Yes 69 votes
      44%
    • No 88 votes
      56%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFF4F41A-C4ED-42D5-87F2-0430171287E6 (resized).png
    Seinfeld (resized).jpg
    2DE2A619-C5E9-4267-A74A-A1F28C2EFD89 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    Kramer.gif
    pirate (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).png
    bcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Too late. Why do we need to revisit things of 20 plus yrs ago? How bout new stuff??

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Too late. Why do we need to revisit things of 20 plus yrs ago? How bout new stuff??

Like Black Knight?

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

but I always wondered how it was received by mid-westerners and left coasters.

I hate the show
    I hate the humor
    I hate those f’ing guitar riffs
    I hate the character
    I hate the man behind the character
    I hate his car
    I hate his coffee

Watch that Larry king interview if you want to hate him even more...

#54 4 years ago

All time favorite show but for me it doesn't fit with pinball. It would just disappoint.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I hate the show
    I hate the humor
    I hate the character
    I hate his car
    I hate his coffee

That is a lot of hate.

#56 4 years ago

Bass

#57 4 years ago

I hate fishing too...

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

trying to win

DFF4F41A-C4ED-42D5-87F2-0430171287E6 (resized).pngDFF4F41A-C4ED-42D5-87F2-0430171287E6 (resized).png
    #59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Wrong.. wronger.. we need something even older like Elvira

#60 4 years ago

ah Seinfeld days, best times of my life. Can't believe he decided to stop.

#61 4 years ago

A Seinfeld pin would be my first NIB. The sound bytes would be endless. However, talk about a licensing nightmare

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

A game about nothing

So it would be made by Stern then?

I'm all in if it does happen, just have to figure out what game to get rid of to make the space is all.

John

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

just have to figure out what game to get rid of to make the space is all.

Hard to choose with such a small collection

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

A Seinfeld pin would be my first NIB. The sound bytes would be endless. However, talk about a licensing nightmare

The licensing would be expensive for sure but you would basically be dealing with Jerry I remember hearing he basically owns the whole thing personally.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Pinball is inherently retro & always will be. Even new is old. Pairing pinball with pop culture nostalgia (Ghostbusters, AC/DC, Simpsons, etc) can sell a ton of games. I'm not sure Seinfeld is the right move....but - 90's is the current flavor of nostalgia for the barcade/new collector demo. Seinfeld *COULD* work if done right with a really slick & stylized art package (no Photoshop or realistic Franchi style).

#66 4 years ago

Two cups in the front...two loops in the back....

#67 4 years ago

Let's do it then. Festivus is back. I'll get the pole out of the crawl space.

#68 4 years ago

I hate the show
    I hate the humor
    I hate the character
    I hate his car
    I hate his coffee

Serenity Now

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Let's do it then. Festivus is back. I'll get the pole out of the crawl space.

“I got a real problem with you people”!

#70 4 years ago

I believe Jerry and Larry David own it.

I have a funny Seinfeld story from many years ago. I got a call one day saying “this is Kenny Kramer, are you familiar with me?” I was, and he asked me to come take his tour and afterwards discuss editing a bunch of footage into a film he could sell on his tours. He had gotten my name from another filmmaker I had edited for.

The tour was fantastic and filled with inside info about the show, it’s creators, even playing clips of characters from the ABC show Friday’s that Larry David wrote for that later became characters on Seinfeld.

Afterwards my GF and I went back to his apartment- which looked exactly like the end of the hall in Seinfeld with two doorways opposite. Larry used to live across the hall and when he and Jerry were coming up with ideas, Kenny Kramer wandered in and went to the fridge, and Jerry asked who is that?

“Oh never mind him, that’s Kramer!”

After they decided to write in the character, they couldn’t find a name they liked as much as Kramer, so they bought his name for an undisclosed amount (probably not much since it was a pilot or 4 shows at that stage)

Anyway we got down to negotiations for the editing work. I gave him a price per hour at half my normal rate (which is for indie projects). He countered at half of that rate, and piece of the profits.

Since I had no way to verify the profits - if any, I explained I had to be paid.

Later I heard he got some NYU students to do it for him but never heard if the project was completed.

I could totally imagine the Kramer character saying “Jerry I just got some NYU students to do my film for free... bingo!”

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

What "new stuff" would make for a good pinball machine? I would really love to hear some serious possible options. There has to be a reason that every pinball company pulls from past pop culture instead of present day. I have to admit though, a Kardashian game, or a Bachelorette game, or a Li'l Nas X / Billy Ray Cyrus machine would be all no look buys for me!! Everyone has to agree that those are pinball heaven!! (Do I really have to put up the emoji?)

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I love, love, love the show Seinfeld. However, I just couldn't imagine where this would translate to an engaging pinball experience. "And thus, quite lame"
    [quoted image]
    That said and if they released one, I would likely buy it sight unseen. My father is also a rabid (anti-dentite) fan, so I would probably purchase one for him as well......likely around Festivus.

My thoughts exactly. I love the show, but I think it would be tough to capture the essence of that show in pinball machine.
    Its probably the only theme I can think of where I personally love the source material but dont think it would make a good game.

#73 4 years ago

Thank you for beating me to it...

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball is inherently retro & always will be. Even new is old. Pairing pinball with pop culture nostalgia (Ghostbusters, AC/DC, Simpsons, etc) can sell a ton of games. I'm not sure Seinfeld is the right move....but - 90's is the current flavor of nostalgia for the barcade/new collector demo. Seinfeld *COULD* work if done right with a really slick & stylized art package (no Photoshop or realistic Franchi style).

I think you touched on the biggest problem with that theme, the artwork. I prefer comic book style or cartoonish looking artwork on a pin. I absolutely cant stand photo realistic artwork on pins, but I dont think any other style of art would work for a Seinfeld pin.
    One thing is for certain, theres a ton of material to work with from that show.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Master of Your Domain wizard mode
    It practically codes itself!

As you lose each ball it proclaims “I’m out”.

#76 4 years ago

I enjoy Seinfeld, but I am not sure it would translate into pinball that well. It would have to be hand drawn art similar to Lethal Weapon 3 (or better, much better) for me to consider it. Photoshop cut and paste is too sanitized for me.

#77 4 years ago

I would like a Seinfeld, but I also want a Jeopardy. Really not sure how they would do either one, a show about nothing and a knowledge based show- having to answer questions to progress further. I love my WOF and how unique it is, if they could somehow do a Jeopardy or a Seinfeld I would be all over it.

#78 4 years ago

Great show but agree that it would be tough to pull off. So many different episodes, characters, and scenes. Could be good but invision a typical game with random bits of show. Kinda like how Munsters turned out.
    Developers would have to be huge fans of show to pull it off.

#79 4 years ago

I hate the show
    I hate the humor
    I hate the character
    I hate his car
    I hate his coffee

I feel that way about Big Bang Theory. I can't stand anything about that show.

Now Seinfled makes me laugh no matter how many times I have seen the episode. Classic.

#80 4 years ago

I think it would be a good pin. So many catch phrases / situations the coding would have to be deep to make it good.....

#81 4 years ago

About a decade too late...

If you are going to resurrect an old TV show theme, Friends has a far greater following in the millennial market. Not my cup of tea, but they seem to love it. If you are looking for relatable humor with a broader appeal... The Office. I think they all suck as themes, though.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

If you are going to resurrect an old TV show theme, Friends has a far greater following in the millennial market. Not my cup of tea, but they seem to love it. If you are looking for relatable humor with a broader appeal... The Office. I think they all suck as themes, though.

I think many people would disagree with this statement. Seinfeld has a very strong following and with streaming sites like hulu I feel that even more people are either catching the bug or re watching it. A lot of current pinball themes are based off things that are no longer in their prime and they still sell like hotcakes. Nostalgia is extremely popular right now.

#83 4 years ago

I've been noodling this since I first saw this post. I would count myself as a real Seinfeld fan, and because I love the source material I think a pin could be really fun and really very funny... but I don't know it might just be weird. There is just an overwhelming amount of source material, almost too much. I'm not a pinball designer ... so whatever, its an interesting thought exercise.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

TBL was made 18 years after the movie was released.....so the timing would be similar to the end of Seinfeld.....

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I don't know about millennials but Friends has a much larger following in Generation Z. Seinfeld had a brilliant satire that they mock and make fun of everyone and everything, Generation Z don't get the humor. Seinfeld with his hostile eyeroll to the world just come of as a bit of dick. Friends on the other hand with fun loving lets all get along drama is way more popular. It's heartbreaking that my late teen children think Friends is comedy gold and Seinfeld is humorless.

#86 4 years ago

I think we've all contributed enough to Seinfeld's $800 million fortune.

#87 4 years ago

What's not to like about a guy who marries seven different women?

#88 4 years ago

After years of doing restorations I've pondered my first re-theme to be a Seinfeld. Or scratch build. HUGE project either way. I don't know how people do it so right now its brainstorming for myself.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think anybody has ever turned a sitcom into a pinball machine, unless you count stuff like Addams and Munsters (which I don't).
    It would be tough, or at least require a radically different approach.
    The laziest approach would just be a bunch of clips from the show, half-ass episode "modes" etc. That likely would keep enough people here happy but I don't think it would make for a very engaging game with good replayability.

Isn't there a Gilligan's Island pinball machine?

#90 4 years ago

Might be able to make a machine based on M*A*S*H

1 week later
    #91 4 years ago

Ok, I’m going to do this. I’m figuring this is going to take about a year to do. I’ve always wanted to build one from scratch, and I think this is the right theme. I realize there is an overwhelming amount of source material, but picking the top stuff that everyone will remember will make it sponge worthy. I’m in. Now the race starts.

#92 4 years ago

AWESOME!! Where do I send my deposit too??

John

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I’m going to do this. I’m figuring this is going to take about a year to do. I’ve always wanted to build one from scratch, and I think this is the right theme. I realize there is an overwhelming amount of source material, but picking the top stuff that everyone will remember will make it sponge worthy. I’m in. Now the race starts.

Awesome...

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

AWESOME!! Where do I send my deposit too??

John

I’m pretty sure I’ll only lose money doing it. But I’ve been mulling it for a long time. And doing it as a homebrew avoids the crazy stuff. This game deserves to be made.

#95 4 years ago

So many modes! A rethemed Star Wars would make so much sense. You pick one of the four mains, and the subsequent modes are adventures each character got into. Elaine gathering up squares and sponges; Kramer in the Contest; George getting caught; Jerry trying to remember his girlfriend's name; et al. The Wizard mode could be busting them all out of prison. The end is listless!

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

So many modes! A rethemed Star Wars would make so much sense. You pick one of the four mains, and the subsequent modes are adventures each character got into. Elaine gathering up squares and sponges; Kramer in the Contest; George getting caught; Jerry trying to remember his girlfriend's name; et al. The Wizard mode could be busting them all out of prison. The end is listless!

LOL that's funny because I just took in a project DE Star Wars yesterday........hmmmm.

John

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I’m pretty sure I’ll only lose money doing it.

Of course you'll lose money. You can't mass produce it and sell it. Just make a masterpiece! (no pressure)

10 months later
    #98 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Bump for progress update!

2 months later
    #99 3 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Bump for progress update!

Giddy up Dave!

#100 3 years ago

Would the pop bumpers play the signature bass line?

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seinfeld-pinball-1/page/2?hl=leonspinkx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.