Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jbovenzi
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it time for Seinfeld: The Pinball?”

• Yes 69 votes
      44%
    • No 88 votes
      56%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFF4F41A-C4ED-42D5-87F2-0430171287E6 (resized).png
    Seinfeld (resized).jpg
    2DE2A619-C5E9-4267-A74A-A1F28C2EFD89 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    Kramer.gif
    pirate (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).png
    bcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

https://deadline.com/2019/06/seinfeld-experience-sets-real-and-spectacular-opening-this-fall-in-new-york-1202638328/

With the Seinfeld Experience opening in NY, is it finally time for Seinfeld: The Pinball?

What toys, modes, and callouts would you like to see?

#2 4 years ago

I hear they're real and they're spectacular!!

#3 4 years ago

No Soup for You!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 4 years ago

bcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpgbcbfc2e5afc6c1ad922081633667d48cc08fc101 (resized).jpghttps://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seinfeld-pinball

#5 4 years ago

Stern Seinfeld: Puffy Shirt bash toy, 2 ramps, 2 loops, scoop, Kramer mono-target, out next week
    JJP Seinfeld: Choose from 75 girlfriends and 200 episodes, Kenny Rogers Roasters interactive topper, whale toy that swallows the ball, out in 2025
    Deeproot Seinfeld: ???

#6 4 years ago

Am I the only one that couldn't stand that show!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

s-l300 (resized).pngs-l300 (resized).png
    #8 4 years ago

I would be all over getting one, but it won't happen I am sure.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You might be.

It’s my favorite show of all time, but I always wondered how it was received by mid-westerners and left coasters.

#10 4 years ago

Never heard of it....

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You might be.
    It’s my favorite show of all time, but I always wondered how it was received by mid-westerners and left coasters.

Greatest show ever, well tied with Breaking Bad. We named our Beagle puppy last year Cosmo.

#12 4 years ago

Hell to the no!

#13 4 years ago

A game about nothing

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You might be.

Show was #1 for years so you'd have to think even rednecks and hippies like it.

Just like how somebody on the east coast must have been watching Dukes of Hazzard!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You might be.

it was huge in calif.. at least with those I ran with
    Still watch it nightly. Every episode had some many sub plots

#17 4 years ago

I think the theme would be appealing to more generations than some of Sterns recent titles. My cousin who is 16 has never heard of Metallica, Elvira, Iron Maiden, let alone the munsters, but he has seen all of Seinfeld. But sometimes mass appeal and connectivity don't always influence pinball themes...

#18 4 years ago

What's the deal with pinball? I don't wanna be a pirate!
    pirate (resized).jpgpirate (resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

I don't think anybody has ever turned a sitcom into a pinball machine, unless you count stuff like Addams and Munsters (which I don't).

It would be tough, or at least require a radically different approach.

The laziest approach would just be a bunch of clips from the show, half-ass episode "modes" etc. That likely would keep enough people here happy but I don't think it would make for a very engaging game with good replayability.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think anybody has ever turned a sitcom into a pinball machine, unless you count stuff like Addams and Munsters (which I don't).

Gilligans Island
    Simpsons
    South Park
    Family Guy

All quirkier than “normal people talking” sitcoms, but still sitcoms. Munsters is absolutely a sitcom.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Gilligans Island
    Simpsons
    South Park
    Family Guy
    All quirkier than “normal people talking” sitcoms, but still sitcoms. Munsters is absolutely a sitcom.

Nah.

Three cartoons and a novelty show dependent on sight gags.

WHY MUST YOU BE DIFFICULT?!?!?!

Certainly nothing like Seinfeld has been tried, and I don't think it would work beyond the aforementioned lazy approach.

I'll give you Gilligan's! Kind of. But I think you'd agree Munsters and Gilligan's are both awful and not any kind of an endorsement that more of those types of games should be made.

#22 4 years ago

This is the one and only time I'd want to see a toy on a spring... Kramer.

Kramer.gifKramer.gif

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The laziest approach would just be a bunch of clips from the show, half-ass episode "modes" etc.

Strangely I think it might work better with a DMD. Seems easier to make dmd cartoons of Jerry hanging out a window trying to pull up a marble rye than on a LCD?

EDIT: Sorry, George pulling up the marble rye

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah.
    Three cartoons and a novelty show dependent on sight gags.
    WHY MUST YOU BE DIFFICULT?!?!?!
    Certainly nothing like Seinfeld has been tried, and I don't think it would work beyond the aforementioned lazy approach.

“Cartoon” isn’t a genre. Animation is a medium. They’re all animated sitcoms. You don’t look at all live action shows and say “Nah, they’re all live-action...Game of Thrones, Seinfeld, same thing”.

TSPP, SP, and FG prove that a sitcom can be made into a pinball...they’re packed with memorable moments & quotes. Just imagine TSPP, but substitute modes like “Monorail” & “Bart’s Day” with “Soup Nazi” & “Festivus”. A Seinfeld pinball could work...there’s plenty of funny material to work with. We think of animated sitcoms working for pinball because they’re already drawn - they lend themselves to a pinball art package. I could totally see Zombie Yeti drawing a funny and iconic Seinfeld art package with very 90’s colors.

It could work. Not sure it’s a good idea for sales...but it could work.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Strangely I think it might work better with a DMD. Seems easier to make dmd cartoons of Jerry hanging out a window trying to pull up a marble rye than on a LCD?

It would be way cooler that's for sure.

LCD is the most useless "innovation" in pinball history. I know they simply had no choice at this point but it's a huge drag.

#26 4 years ago

Seinfeld is regarded as one of the best sitcoms in history. It was and still is relevant, influential and funny. Hulu just picked it up to stream to all the millennials on their iPhones/tablets for $875,000 an episode, which translates to nearly $160 million.

Someone must like it

Would it be a great pinball machine? Sure, we've seen other ideas/concepts that everyone panned turn out to be great games. I don't know if all the episodes are politically correct enough like the time the Native American woman thought Jerry was a racist for giving Elaine a Wooden Cigar Indian.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

TSPP, SP, and FG prove that a sitcom can be made into a pinball..

They proved that cartoons can be made into a pinball.

Nobody has even attempted to make a standard contemporary multi-cam live action sitcom into a pinball. I wonder why?

Your approach is right - if it could be done like TSPP maybe it would work. A lazy LCD clip show approach wouldn't interest me.

#28 4 years ago

Newman bash toy for Jerry.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They proved that cartoons can be made into a pinball.

Don’t be willfully ignorant. Animation is a medium. Not a genre. A live action show can be sitcom, action, drama, dramedy, etc. So can animation. Bugs Bunny, Dora the Explorer, Akira, Toy Story, and Rick & Morty do not share a genre.

#30 4 years ago

Yes! It would be the funniest pinball of all time. Wish it would be made

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

You might be.

I think it was received well in the Midwest. At least with me and all my friends. My wife can't stand it

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t be willfully ignorant. Animation is a medium. Not a genre. A live action show can be sitcom, action, drama, dramedy, etc. So can animation. Bugs Bunny, Dora the Explorer, Akira, Toy Story, and Rick & Morty do not share a genre.

I admire your dedication to this pointless argument so let me move the goalposts -

these are not multi cam sitcoms like Seinfeld. Completely different beast.

#33 4 years ago

Batman 66?

#34 4 years ago

Good show, but zero interest in a Seinfeld machine. Same thing for me with Breaking Bad. I much prefer themes with more action.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I admire your dedication to this pointless argument so let me move the goalposts -
    these are not multi cam sitcoms like Seinfeld. Completely different beast.
    It's yet to be shown a decent pinball game can be made from that type of source material. Nostalgia for movies and music have been endlessly mined for pinball themes, but not this. Why?
    Where's our three's company game dammit? Or one day at a time? Or night court?!?!

Don’t diminish my point as pointless. You made an incorrect & quite frankly insulting statement multiple times. I corrected you with facts. I know we live in fact free times, but don’t be like “them”. I’m guessing you’re not in other aspects of life. Animation isn’t a genre, that is a fact. If someone said “Game of Thrones, Sopranos, and Walking Dead” were the same thing due to being live-action, you’d think that person was a moron. Learn, concede, move on. You don’t have to “win”.

BTW, I would be all over Three’s Company lol ...I watched every episode before I was old enough to even really understand half of it.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Don’t diminish my point as pointless. You made an incorrect & quite frankly insulting statement multiple times. I corrected you with facts. I know we live in fact free times, but don’t be like “them”. I’m guessing you’re not in other aspects of life. Animation isn’t a genre, that is a fact. If someone said “Game of Thrones, Sopranos, and Walking Dead” were the same thing due to being live-action, you’d think that person was a moron. Learn, concede, move on. You don’t have to “win”.
    BTW, I would be all over Three’s Company lol ...I watched every episode before I was old enough to even really understand half of it.

Your point is pointless here because it doesn't matter whether or not the dictionary definition of a certain cartoon is in fact "a sitcom," unless all you care about is "winning" the discussion.

Surely you can understand the difference. Your standard live action sitcom has about 3 sets. Cartoons like FG, Simpsons etc. have unlimited potential and in fact a rich history and variety of sets, setting, etc.

The limited source material for a multi-cam sitcom puts a pretty serious limit on source material for a pinball game, requiring designers to get seriously creative to make an interesting game.

Do you trust that any of the current pinball manufacturers would be able to do that?

Simpsons has the monorail, the treehouse, itchy and scratchy, police chases, and literally hundreds of different recognizable locations used in the show's history.

Three's Company would have the Regal Beagle and two apartment living rooms. It's very limiting. And therein lies the challenge to turning Seinfeld into a good pinball theme. One that's probably easier avoided in favor of another movie theme.

#37 4 years ago

There’s a Seinfeld slot machine so never say never. Can think of worse themes that have already been made....

2DE2A619-C5E9-4267-A74A-A1F28C2EFD89 (resized).jpeg2DE2A619-C5E9-4267-A74A-A1F28C2EFD89 (resized).jpeg
    #38 4 years ago

Would the "tournament mode" be called "contest mode"?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Three's Company would have the Regal Beagle and two apartment living rooms. It's very limiting. And therein lies the challenge to turning Seinfeld into a good pinball theme. One that's probably easier avoided in favor of another movie theme.

For someone with an imagination its not limiting. Most of us aren't creative or imaginative enough to think about it for 3 more than seconds before sh1t canning it. Someone should be able to come up with a playable game with 180 episodes to work with.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your point is pointless here because it doesn't matter whether or not the dictionary definition of a certain cartoon is in fact "a sitcom," unless all you care about is "winning" the discussion.

I’m not the one trying to win. I’m correcting you with facts & you keep pushing against the facts. Simpsons & Family Guy are literally situation comedies & follow the same structure & formula. They’re staged just like live action sitcoms. They’re about families who get into “situations” and say funny shit. They’re written by sitcom writers & acted by sitcom actors. I trust you have the ability to see these facts and stop.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Surely you can understand the difference. Your standard live action sitcom has about 3 sets. Cartoons like FG, Simpsons etc. have unlimited potential and in fact a rich history and variety of sets, setting, etc.
    The limited source material for a multi-cam sitcom puts a pretty serious limit on source material for a pinball game, requiring designers to get seriously creative to make an interesting game.

What makes sitcoms like Simpsons or Seinfeld iconic and memorable aren’t the sets. It’s the CHARACTERS. Seinfeld had what, 7 or 8 seasons of non-stop iconic quotable scenarios and hilarious character moments & quotes. This is why I’m comparing it to TSPP & FG. They made fun and funny games using memorable characters, moments, and quotes. Seinfeld is no different. You could easily come up with a enough modes and Multiball based on funny & iconic moments.

Again, I’m not sure it has good sales potential or that anyone SHOULD do it...but as a fun creative excercise, it’s not hard to imagine it working based on the formulas the existing SITCOM games.

#41 4 years ago

I would love a Seinfeld pinball it would be an instant buy me and my dad constantly watch it together.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you trust that any of the current pinball manufacturers would be able to do that?
    Simpsons has the monorail, the treehouse, itchy and scratchy, police chases, and literally hundreds of different recognizable locations used in the show's history.

I swear, you have an insatiable need that others see you as an expert in something, anything.

When you're wrong, just change the argument.

#43 4 years ago

Feats of strength!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I swear, you have an insatiable need that others see you as an expert in something, anything.
    When you're wrong, just change the argument.

I don't find myself agreeing with@Rarehero very often...but, he is right on this topic.

#45 4 years ago

Count me in for one of these as I've mentioned the theme years ago. Not just now as we hit the 30th anniversary of the first episode.

Also, The Flintstones, which was one of the first adult-oriented situation comedies has a couple of pinball machines released.

#46 4 years ago

Yes but are you the master of your domain?

#47 4 years ago

Sounds like were already having the 'Airing of grievances' in this thread......

#48 4 years ago

I love, love, love the show Seinfeld. However, I just couldn't imagine where this would translate to an engaging pinball experience. "And thus, quite lame"

Seinfeld (resized).jpgSeinfeld (resized).jpg

That said and if they released one, I would likely buy it sight unseen. My father is also a rabid (anti-dentite) fan, so I would probably purchase one for him as well......likely around Festivus.

#49 4 years ago

Video mode... get Frogger across the street

#50 4 years ago

Festivus multiball
    Master of Your Domain wizard mode
    It practically codes itself!

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seinfeld-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.