You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

While back, I picked up a Gottlieb 'Fun Park' - the Add-A-Ball version of 'Fun Land'.

I was wondering how serial numbers worked between the versions of a game like that. Were they completely independent? Or linked somehow?
Supposedly there's 580 units made of Fun Park. Despite that, my serial number is 01249, so thought I'd investigate how that worked there..

#2 1 year ago

serial ranges were independent of each other. And they started at random places. Check out the pinball serial nunber database to see where yours falls

I did it for you

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

serial ranges were independent of each other. And they started at random places. Check out the pinball serial nunber database to see where yours falls
I did it for you[quoted image]

Interesting, thanks - was this true for games that were adjustable between the two and left the factory in one mode or the other? (Like, as far as memory serves, WMS 70's machines like Big Ben)?

I'll have to add my game to the list there..!

#4 1 year ago

No, many (all?) late 70s games, bally, gottlieb, Williams multiplayer games could be set for extra ball over free game. If its an option setting then its one and the same game.

#5 1 year ago

Generally, each individual name (e.g., Fun Land, Fun Park, Fun Fair) has its own serial number range. Based on what pinhead52 showed, it appears that Fun Park had numbers from 1001 to 1580, which is plausible for Gottlieb.

There is still room for research on Bally games with the same name and sub-lettering on the model number. For example, Bally Trio is known to have the replay model as project# 768, plus variants 768-A and 768-C, all named Trio. Can anyone confirm a 768-B? I wonder if each variant has an independent serial number sequence.
.................David Marston

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from dmarston:

For example, Bally Trio is known to have the replay model as project# 768, plus variants 768-A and 768-C, all named Trio. Can anyone confirm a 768-B? I wonder if each variant has an independent serial number sequence.

Wonder if the fact that some TRIO's had the PF with almost no graphics
and other with more playfield graphics had anything to do with the variants
or that the variants refer to AAB versions (as released from factory to USA market or Italy export versions)

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from dmarston:

Generally, each individual name (e.g., Fun Land, Fun Park, Fun Fair) has its own serial number range.

I would be curious too, as like my Big Ben, it was same graphics and everything, except the Add-A-Ball version had a different ball count mech, and a couple relays different. But everything else was the same.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Wonder if the fact that some TRIO's had the PF with almost no graphics
and other with more playfield graphics had anything to do with the variants
or that the variants refer to AAB versions (as released from factory to USA market or Italy export versions)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's amazing. It almost looks like they just 'forgot' the screen layers with the additional artwork.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seial-numbers-and-replay-vs-add-a-ball-versions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.