(Topic ID: 223929)

Segasa (Williams) Reset Problem

By seshpilot

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I’ve got a Segasa Cannes (same game as Monaco and same logic as a Williams EM) that is constantly resetting at power on. The credit wheel unit keeps counting down, the total playmeter keeps counting, and the score motor runs constantly. Can’t even start a game. If I unplug the yellow wire from the ball unit stepper, the game will stop resetting (score motor rests and the credit stepper rests) but then the ball unit doesn’t work.

I’ve checked all score reel switches, it’s not that.
I’ve set the game on free play and disconnected the coin door switches, it’s not that.
I’ve looked for solder splash bombs and checked the Playfield for closed switches. I’ve even disconnected the head and Playfield from the bottom cab. Nada. Still keeps trying to reset.

Furthermore, none of the labels on the relays are still in place! I can’t tell which is which.
Help!

#2 5 years ago

I should also note that the game lights up and resets immediately upon power on.

#3 5 years ago

Do you have a good schematic scan you can post? Or what Williams game does it match with?

#4 5 years ago

Well I figured out the reset problem: a switch blade was bent and touching the yellow common wire.

Unfortunately I’m still not done though. Now the game doesn’t run he score motor constantly but the game won’t actually start: it’s stuck in game over. When I press the start button, the score reel turns once but then nothing.

Furthermore, the bonus unit under the Playfield doesn’t reset but stays where it was last left.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Do you have a good schematic scan you can post? Or what Williams game does it match with?

Can't tell you much without

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/segasa-williams-reset-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.