(Topic ID: 189844)

Segasa Monaco: outhole switch not kicking or advancing ball

By duanesmallman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey all — I'm having an issue with my Monaco (Segasa, but apparently similar to a Williams Space Mission) that I'm having a bit of trouble diagnosing.

Long story short, after starting up a game it appears that things work as expected until the ball drains and the outhole switch is triggered. At that point, the score reels will run for a while and the bonus relay will activate repeatedly, but the ball never kicks to the shooter lane or advances to ball 2.

At this point, If I turn the game off and on again the start button won't trigger the reset sequence, but manually hitting the reset or coin relays will reset the game. I can also manually advance and reset all the steppers smoothly, so I think the problem isn't originating there.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone?

I've got a short (~3 min) video that demonstrates the issue here: https://streamable.com/s2c2v

Cheers!

#2 6 years ago

You'll need to look at the circuits that contain the start/credit button switch and the outhole kicker solenoid. Do you have a schematic for the machine?... Some simple things to check: Look at the outhole relay to see if the relay and switches are clean and adjusted properly. Also, make sure the bonus unit is resetting completely to the zero position after the bonus countdown...

#3 6 years ago

I'd definitely look at the bonus unit. It should count down consistently, and yours doesn't sound like it's counting right from the video. The bonus unit has to reach zero, trip the switch, and then kick up 1 before the ball will be kicked out. My star pool was doing a similar thing and it was a misadjusted switch on the bonus unit.

#4 6 years ago

I had one of these long ago. Great game. After playing it for a long time it developed the same issue. Upon removing the apron I discovered the kick out coil had a disconnected wire. I'm sure it would be an unlikely coincidence but worth checking.

#5 6 years ago

Hi duanesmallman
do You have the schematics ? Greetings Rolf

#6 6 years ago

Hey all — the mystery is solved! The startup woes were fixed with a switch adjustment on the score motor, and fredsmythson and bflagg were on the money with the outhole kicker issue originating with the bonus unit.

The bonus unit was stepping up and down nicely, but the little arm that closes the switch was juuuuust loose and wobbly enough that it wasn't causing a reliable contact.

Some quick switch tweaks and we're back in business!

Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/segasa-monaco-outhole-switch-not-kicking-or-advancing-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.