(Topic ID: 14617)

Segasa Cannes...wants, needs, advice, comments

By jwwhite15

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC04277.JPG
    DSC04276.JPG
    DSC04275.JPG
    DSC04222.JPG
    DSC04272.JPG
    DSC04153.JPG
    DSC04263.JPG
    DSC04218.JPG
    DSC04224.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

So, let me start with this is the first import I have EVER worked on. I think I can tell why Segasa was not able to stay in business...they must be the wedgewood of pinball machines. The quality is really quite stunning, everything from the wires to the pf.
    I bought this Pin and took it out of a storage unit, the positive - VERY nice pf, super clean without hardly any flaws, near perfect bg, works great (now), and uses Williams replacement parts. The bad - the cab sucks, seems to have suffered water damage (?) the bottom has been replaced, three of the pf plastics are not original, did I mention the cab sucks? I have seen worst looking but it is what it is.
    I was wondering what kind of price I should ask for something like this. I totally stripped the pf, replaced or repair numerous light sockets, cleaned the units so they work correctly, rebuilt pop bumpers, new lane guides, total shop. I have hours and hours in this Pin but I don't ever count those as I do this for fun and the excitement.
    Here are some pics, check out what use to be in the old pop bumpers...impressive.

BTW: I did receive a response from one pinsider who might be able to scan pf plastics so if you have this Pin I would GREATLY appreciate the help. Thanx in advance and let me know what you think.

DSC04224.JPGDSC04224.JPG DSC04218.JPGDSC04218.JPG DSC04263.JPGDSC04263.JPG

#2 12 years ago

A few more.

DSC04153.JPGDSC04153.JPG DSC04272.JPGDSC04272.JPG DSC04222.JPGDSC04222.JPG

#3 12 years ago

Now the ugly cab...

DSC04275.JPGDSC04275.JPG DSC04276.JPGDSC04276.JPG DSC04277.JPGDSC04277.JPG

#4 12 years ago

Got to like the BG on Segasa's 1976 Cannes
    last year the price guide had it at $350 sounds kind of low with a production thought to be around only 462 units.

The Playmatic EM I have also has the lamp soldered in like pictured above so when I replaced it I took out the iron and added heat.
    Could never understand why Spanish pins are still under the radar the PFs do hold up rather well
    - good luck with it

#5 12 years ago

It looks identical to Monaco (in fact I just confirmed that via ipdb), so that game may be another source for you.

OK sorry I take that back. I just looked at it closer and the bonus is much different on Cannes... Goes up to 40K (maybe higher?) by 2K increments as opposed to 100K by 10K increments. Also the center target is much more difficult. I'm thinking Cannes must be the French model or something, since the French have a reputation of generally being better pinball players on the average.

The plastics look identical, though, so that should help you a lot. Cabinet, too.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

The Playmatic EM I have also has the lamp soldered in like pictured above so when I replaced it I took out the iron and added heat.

I thought it was quite interesting. I don't think it was original that way do you? The reason I say that is when I put the regular sockets in the pop bumpers I cut off what seemed to be a wire used to extend into the pop bumper, not original, but if yours was that way maybe it was, weird.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Could never understand why Spanish pins are still under the radar the PFs do hold up rather well

I was actually quite amazed at how nice the pf is...when I got the grimed cleaned off of course.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The plastics look identical, though, so that should help you a lot. Cabinet, too

Thanx keefer, I found that info a while back when I got the Pin but to be honest I didn't look at the pf plastics that close...is that totally weird that the pf is completely the same?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

is that totally weird that the pf is completely the same?

I don't think so... Just look at El Dorado for example. That thing came in as Solar City, Target Alpha, Canada Dry, Gold Strike and Lucky Strike for various different versions (4p/2p/add-a-ball/etc.). To me the more interesting thing is that the playfield is actually DIFFERENT instead of the same thing slightly rethemed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/segasa-canneswants-needs-advice-comments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.