(Topic ID: 188146)

Sega Whitestar Sound Distortion Problem...help

By foureyedcharlie

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm an currently rebuilding a Sega Harley Davidson for a local operator and I'm having an odd problem with the audio. During sound test everything is OK except for the Music (U7). Certain music clips are distorted, for example, the "born to be wild" song is distorted, but during audio test mode for U7 it plays two different "songs", one is distorted and one is not. All other sound effects and speech are working normal, just Some of the music from U7 is distorted. Both amplifier circuits have the distortion, so I will assume it is before the amps and somewhere in the logic. It's a bit tough following the audio path from U7 to output on the schematic. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated. Thx!

8 months later
#2 6 years ago

Hi,

any progress on this? I have 2 boards with the same problem. Seems to become a common one.

Thanks

#3 6 years ago

Maybe you guys should try posting on the SEGA club!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-whitestar-sound-distortion-problemhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.