8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D7F6578-EDF3-4BEA-90E8-64C13F604376 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have an SST that I can play for hours on its own without any issues. When I boot up my entire game room this game reset intermittently. My B/W games have the kahr.us reset protection otherwise my TZ on the same circuit will reset like crazy too.

I live in a rental and don't have much saying about the wiring in the house. The SST is on a brand new circuit that was wired when I moved in.

Anyone have had similar problems? I'm going to check the 5V circuitry and might rebuild the entire thing as outlined here: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Low_5VDC_and_game_resets

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the pointers. My 5VDC showed 5.08 at R114. I ran the game on its own and I could easily trigger a reset by hitting all three flippers. In other words the problem had gotten worse. At some resets I could see that voltage drop about .1V. I upped the pot to 5.10VDC and the game remained on and survived TZ having a LITZ running on the same circuit.

I did measure the 5VDC of the MPU to get a difference. Before reseating the connectors it read 4.95VDC and afterwards 5.03VDC. I have reflowed every pin on the powerdriver board a year or so ago but I guess this will be coming back from time to time.

Is it safe to run the game at 5.10VDC if it works for now?

2 weeks later
#6 8 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Need to replace header plugs and pins that take 5v. That has fixed 4 or 5 different machines that have exactly the issue describe

Hey, thanks for the tip. Do you know any vendor that sell these in kits? What are the plugs called if I need to get them separately?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-whitestar-reset-sst?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.