Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

The DE/Sega games do feel different and alot of people don't like that. I own a DE JP and it's one of the few DE titles I like enough to own (and the theme is top 2 for me, which helps). I owned a Baywatch and liked it, it was just the low man on the totem pole unfortunately when something needed to go to buy my Road Show.

I think the biggest gameplay differences you will notice are the flippers as has been mentioned alot and the playfield design and shot feel. DE and Sega games tend to not shoot as smooth as B/W games IMO and feel clunkier. Some are worse than others for sure, and of course on any game it helps when you are consistently making your shots, but I notice a pretty big difference in the way the games shoot. At least to me, the Sega games tend to feel a bit better and have better rules that are closer to 90s B/W rule sets. The art and theme on alot of these titles isn't great either, and the sound leaves alot to be desired.

You will hear the "bang for the buck" thrown around alot with these games, but there is a reason they don't command as much money or desire as the B/W games, and it's not because they are top secret games no one has heard about . Yes, LAH does have like 18 magnets, a crane, two spinners, etc. - but when the game isn't fun to play, does it really matter how much crap they crammed into it?

It probably sounds like I hate these games, which isn't true, I will likely have my JP for ever, and I'd own Baywatch again, and I'd like to have a Goldeneye at some point - heck, Lost In Space of all games I have a good time playing, but they do have a different feel to them.

That all said - if you want a DE/Sega game just because you don't own one, you will probably be disappointed. If you've played one and you know you like it...then there ya go!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-vs-bally-williams?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.