Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrbTune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Looking for any tips on replacing the decal on the magnetic plate on My Twister. I have purchased it from Marcos and any insight would be appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

Is it a water-slide or some kind of an adhesive-back sticker?

I have seen some videos where vinyl stickers are applied using soapy water and a plastic smoothing tool. The water lets you get precise positioning and when it dries the adhesive can grab. The water would probably damage a paper sticker though.

In the past, I trim the backing paper if it's larger than the sticker. Then I use blue painter's tape to precisely position it. I use the tape only on one edge, like a hinge. That allows me to get under on the other side and start peeling back the paper. I only peel back a little bit by the tape edge to get it started. Then slowly pull the paper out sticking it down as I go.

I recommend watching YouTube videos of these techniques.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Is it a water-slide or some kind of an adhesive-back sticker?
I have seen some videos where vinyl stickers are applied using soapy water and a plastic smoothing tool. The water lets you get precise positioning and when it dries the adhesive can grab. The water would probably damage a paper sticker though.
In the past, I trim the backing paper if it's larger than the sticker. Then I use blue painter's tape to precisely position it. I use the tape only on one edge, like a hinge. That allows me to get under on the other side and start peeling back the paper. I only peel back a little bit by the tape edge to get it started. Then slowly pull the paper out sticking it down as I go.
I recommend watching YouTube videos of these techniques.

Its a grip decal for the spinning disc not waterslide.

For mine I removed the disc and removed the old sticker and residue. Then applied the new one and re leveled the height of the disc.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the input, fellow pinfolk. I removed the decal quite easily while in the machine. I then carefully cleaned the platter with Goo Gone and then rubbing alcohol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-twister-magnetic-plate- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.