• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xf2 (resized).jpg
xf3 (resized).jpg
xf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello,
I have a question regarding this mod many Sega owners have done.

On my X-files I installed pinball pro speakers with a subwoofer a year ago or so, which really is a big improvement.
Also, for the f*** of it I added components for the third speaker last month.

Now... my question is, with the connector following the pinball pro speakers, it lacks wires for the two "plugs" that go to the third speaker-components? I see the original speaker connector have these two extra buts, but not PP....any idea how this is supposed to be?

xf1 (resized).jpgxf1 (resized).jpg

xf3 (resized).jpgxf3 (resized).jpg

xf2 (resized).jpgxf2 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Please correct me if I am wrong here but wasn't it proven by other pinsiders that the 3rd amp is for stereo sound, which x-files does not include stereo recordings in the roms. Or if it does maybe only one or 2 sounds? I did the research and considered this mod a few years ago and decided to go with the 2 speakers in the backbox split in mono and with the sub from pinball pro it's sounds great! I would be annoyed by only having the majority of sound in the left speaker after installing everything. I hope it works out well for you.

I read in the same thread too, but it stated that some sounds were in stereo. If nothing else then the cpu board is compatible with stereo in other games. Anyways, just wanted to do it.

As it is now it sounds great with pinball pro speakers, even though both speakers play "mono".

But it would be nice just having the speakers hooked up to second speaker components in any case.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Thanks for the info Greg, I will send you an email

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-stereo-mod-pinball-pro-speakers-issue?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.