(Topic ID: 188338)

Sega Star Wars Trilogy restarts randomly

By cutlerkeith

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cutlerkeith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So my brother and I are both new to collecting pinball machines. My brother has the SWT. The machine will reset or shut down and restart randomly. I am a little more knowledgeable than him but I am by no means a tech. Actually a beginner myself. Any help would be appreciated. Initially I thought power supply and then thought maybe a board or chip problem. These type of issues might be a little out of my knowledge base. So I come to you guys. But I did have to learn to use a soldering gun within the first two weeks of owning my first pin. HA!

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Hoping someone has an idea or two for me.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you have a multimeter? Sounds like you need to test the 5Vdc and adjust it up a bit. Section 4.3 covers this. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Power_Problems

Thank you! I will try this

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I would also check your fuse holders for the 5volt logic supply. Ive seen several instances where the fuse holders are not gripping the fuse or the fuse is loose in the holder causing an issue such as this. Sometimes removing the fuse and squezzing the holder so the fuse is tight will fix the issue. Seen this before on other games.

I will give this a shot too!

Thank you!

1 week later
#8 6 years ago

I am finally able to spend some time and help my brother troubleshoot Sunday. Update on the way. Thanks for checking back!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cutlerkeith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-star-wars-trilogy-restarts-randomly?tu=cutlerkeith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.