Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cutlerkeith
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

So my brother and I are both new to collecting pinball machines. My brother has the SWT. The machine will reset or shut down and restart randomly. I am a little more knowledgeable than him but I am by no means a tech. Actually a beginner myself. Any help would be appreciated. Initially I thought power supply and then thought maybe a board or chip problem. These type of issues might be a little out of my knowledge base. So I come to you guys. But I did have to learn to use a soldering gun within the first two weeks of owning my first pin. HA!

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Hoping someone has an idea or two for me.

#3 2 years ago

Do you have a multimeter? Sounds like you need to test the 5Vdc and adjust it up a bit. Section 4.3 covers this. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Power_Problems

#4 2 years ago

I would also check your fuse holders for the 5volt logic supply. Ive seen several instances where the fuse holders are not gripping the fuse or the fuse is loose in the holder causing an issue such as this. Sometimes removing the fuse and squezzing the holder so the fuse is tight will fix the issue. Seen this before on other games.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you have a multimeter? Sounds like you need to test the 5Vdc and adjust it up a bit. Section 4.3 covers this. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Power_Problems

Thank you! I will try this

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I would also check your fuse holders for the 5volt logic supply. Ive seen several instances where the fuse holders are not gripping the fuse or the fuse is loose in the holder causing an issue such as this. Sometimes removing the fuse and squezzing the holder so the fuse is tight will fix the issue. Seen this before on other games.

I will give this a shot too!

Thank you!

1 week later
#7 2 years ago

Any luck so far?

#8 2 years ago

I am finally able to spend some time and help my brother troubleshoot Sunday. Update on the way. Thanks for checking back!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lake Saint Louis, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hudson, NH
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside