Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A7ADF24-6E6A-47FE-B6DA-D36999987537 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Would someone be willing to get me some pictures. My Sega Star Wars Trilogy pinball machine is missing the large green pill shaped light or lights in between the popup bumpers on the upper left hand side of the playfield. I bought the machine and it came like this. Someone hacked it out and just taped the wires together. If someone could get me photos of the underneath of the playfield on the top left side between the pop up bumpers and show me what is supposed to be there. I need to see if its 1 or 2 lights that are missing, how they are mounted, and what kind of mount and bulb was there. I attached 3 pictures that show the area in need help with. You can see the 2 holes where there was a bracket and where I am missing whatever goes there. I would like to order the real correct parts that go there and put it back to original. If someone could get me pictures of the parts I need that would be awesome! If you know the part numbers and or what they are called it would be even more helpful.

1. The top of the playfield green pill shaped insert between the popup bumpers.
2. The bottom of the playfield shows my hacked wires
3. The bottom picture shows there area where i have no light or bracket for mounting

Thanks,

Steve

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I can't give you pics but that looks like flash lamps were there. Probably #89 bulbs. I think the black wires are the ground return and the larger gauge wires are for power.

#3 6 years ago

Yeah. Don't have our trilogy anymore, but I'm almost positive it was three #89 flashers, all tied to the same transistor.

#4 6 years ago

Yea I was going to say flashers as well. Generally when I see lights cut out and done like that it’s usually a flasher .

#5 6 years ago

Well, when I first saw the title I was going to say. "There is no help for this game."

But back on topic, make sure you check the transistor and any other wiring associated with the bulb(s) you want to put back in. Almost certainly they were removed because they were a problem. (blowing fuses, etc.) Might have just been a bad socket, but may be worse.

I've undone some seriously ugly wire hacks on old pins and they were always done as a work-around instead of fixing the issue.

#6 6 years ago

You could always stop over, eyeball mine and take your own pics - or I'll see what I can do about getting some taken over the weekend.

#7 6 years ago

See if this helps and if anyone can help me with my Trilogy machine I have a post. Thanks

8A7ADF24-6E6A-47FE-B6DA-D36999987537 (resized).jpeg8A7ADF24-6E6A-47FE-B6DA-D36999987537 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-star-wars-trilogy-help-1?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.