Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JeffF
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1st wall.JPG
    coffee300.jpg
    WP_20140430_001.jpg
    DSCN0225.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm a SEGA fan for sure. I'm considering trading off my WMS DMD games to get more!

Still need A13, Goldeneye, and ID4

DSCN0225.JPGDSCN0225.JPG

#3 9 years ago

RFM and Diner are staying put.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Hey, your ripping off my Bally picture ; ) Todd Scott

LOL.. Was going to send this to you later as my wayyyy less cool version....

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Looking good Todd, Viper working well for you?

Viper is working great, and looks wonderful after a full tear down and rebuild with cointaker LED's.

I owe you big time, Tommy. Thanks!!!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I rarely see goldeneye and ID4. actually seen more Godzilla's than those.
    no X-files?

Not a fan of X-files. I've had a shot at both GE and ID4 recently, but wasn't ready to move on them.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Very cool! When can I come play?
    I have never played a Godzilla. They look great in a row!

May 24th. Room for camping behind the house.

Free beer, BBQ and live music.

#28 9 years ago

I've never played one, but I bet it's better than what people who don't like SEGA as a rule say about it.....

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

Very nice. I love my A13! It was the first DMD pin I bought and it will never leave. How is Starship Troopers? I've never played it but it looks fun.
    Brian

SST was my first SEGA, and caused me to look into the others. It's a pile of fun. Flows like an S.Ritchie pin....

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't see a Twister there.

I had a shot at a twister but I backed off. It shares a lot of features with Whirlwind. I may revisit that title later...

#40 9 years ago

I really don't care for the flow of Frankenstein, sadly. I'll never own that one - it's a non-starter for me.
    Goldeneye was designed by one of my favorite pinball designers, and reminds me of another of his games that I really love.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so which is your current favorite and why (with specifics please)?
    Just curious to hear the opinions of an admitted Sega addict.

Humm.. Don't have a favorite. Of them all, VND is my least favorite.. but it's quite a grin to shoot. I like the multiball jackpot sequence.
    I think the rules of Godzilla are about perfect. Shallow, but once you figure out what to do, it's addictive to try to stack all 5 multiballs and start them at once. Very often, I'll drain ball 3 with 4 lit, and just a couple shots away from the 5th one.
    Starship Troopers is a pretty well put together game with tons of speed that is just plain fun to shoot.
    Baywatch is deep with interesting shots that don't feel like any other pinball game. So much to do, and a challenge.
    Batman Forever might be the best SEGA. It's pretty deep, looks great, and is quite fun.

I think what makes me like them so much is the difference in style and attitude between SEGA and Williams pins. To me, SEGA had a philosophy of gaming that catered to the normal player, where Williams was going for the pinball wizard types. I think this translates into games that - for a guy like me, feel less like work, and more like fun.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I'm a real fan of Sega games, but there is no way I could have Hasslehoser in the house...gotta be an alt T-Lite out there...

I find all the alts out there more cheesy than the original. I don't mind it too much as is. I took all the lights out behind his face... that's good enough.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you haven't already, VND is MUCH improved by setting the ball type in the game settings to "steel" but still using the Glo-Balls. The game otherwise intentionally dials down the coils and it feels all mushy. It makes a HUGE difference in play if you haven't done it yet.

I set it on there originally, but I turned it back. My game plays super fast when set to glo balls. I've just cleaned and re-sleeved all the coils, though. If it starts to feel mushy, I'll know what to do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-row?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.