2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DugFreez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 holed +5v +12v (resized).jpg
    20210621_155348 (resized).jpg
    20210621_155429 (resized).jpg
    20210621_155321 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Just a bit higher in the manual (on the same page as your first picture) it shows where the +5 and +12 comes from for that 3 holed (GROUND, +5, +12) connection that the game originally had.

The +5v is from the J16 pin 7 and the +12 is from the J16 pin 3. So those are definitely safe to use if you want to get into them....as that is where the original "PRINTER SUB-ASSEMBLY" connection that many Whitestar and SAM mods used for power, come from. It doesn't specifically say where the GROUND wire is run from, but I would expect it may be from one of the 6 GND connections on the J16. I'm not sure why that wouldn't have been noted in the manual along with the others.

In all of my time of selling the Speaker Light Kits (since late 2012) I have never heard a report of a game not having that 3 holed connection that should have had it (Twister - The Walking Dead). I did hear a report of one acting up and the +12v wire only providing power sporadically due to a bad connection somewhere, but no one saying the connector was hacked off or removed. I was actually a bit concerned about that early on, as I had heard stories about re-import games having normally unused connectors hacked off for seemingly no reason.

3 holed +5v +12v (resized).jpg3 holed +5v +12v (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-rgb-lights-help?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.