2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a reoccurring problem. after some time of play the laser kick back tip36c will short. We have a new coil and new diode to prevent CEMF. But still having the issue. i am putting a diode in reverse across the tip 36 this time to see if this will stop this issue. (damper diode)
    Anyone else experience this kind of issue?

#2 2 years ago

it was years back but I wound up with bad tip36c in my parts bin. They where a PNP transistor similar to TIP36C, but could not handle the load of HS2 launch coil for more than 100 games. After the 2nd or 3rd time I looked up the date code and it was in a discontinued package type so.... I tried one in a an addams family magnet driver board and it fried the first time the magnet the magnet turned on.

If the part itself could be suspect, maybe borrow a transistor from an adjacent circuit and put the new TIP36c somewhere else to see it fries there.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from zapdbf:

I have a reoccurring problem. after some time of play the laser kick back tip36c will short. We have a new coil and new diode to prevent CEMF. But still having the issue. i am putting a diode in reverse across the tip 36 this time to see if this will stop this issue. (damper diode)
    Anyone else experience this kind of issue?

Does it blow the fuse when this happens?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-mavrick-tip-36c-keeps-shorting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.