(Topic ID: 81337)

sega lovers... is godzilla really that bad???

By tp

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

can pinsiders who actually like sega give me an honest review on this game? a lot of sega games that get bad reveiws i like, so im wondering what other sega fans think of it. thanks. for instance even though id4 is a simple game and i advance through all there is to do in any given game i still love to play it... just not one play after another. theres one available, but the price seems high for such a low rated game, so im on the fence.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from tp:

can pinsiders who actually like sega give me an honest review on this game? a lot of sega games that get bad reveiws i like, so im wondering what other sega fans think of it. thanks. for instance even though id4 is a simple game and i advance through all there is to do in any given game i still love to play it... just not one play after another. theres one available, but the price seems high for such a low rated game, so im on the fence.

Its a rare game, Sega/Stern never released production #'s. I have never played it but the papa tournament used Godzilla this year and that would be a good video for gameplay.

#3 10 years ago

The game is very simple, but alot of fun. It's similar to BSD. It's all multi-ball. It has 5 MB "modes" and your jackbot is increased by the number of MB you lite before starting MB. It's simple, but intense. Getting all 5 going is not easy. Once you start all 5 modes, you then have a "wizard" mode type MB called Save New York.

I'm a fan of the game and own one. The shaker motor is really nicely integrated as well.

Cheers,
Duane

#4 10 years ago

Everything that TZ said. I have one, almost sold it once for a great offer, but glad I didn't. Great Game!!!

#5 10 years ago

I had one for a few months it is fun and a good looking machine. After a couple months I got tired of it.

#6 10 years ago

Godzilla is a title I'd like to own once... even if just to really get a better sense of the game.
Played it a few times and always enjoyed it.

Hoping to find one at Allentown this year.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Its a rare game, Sega/Stern never released production #'s. I have never played it but the papa tournament used Godzilla this year and that would be a good video for gameplay.

Here ya go. Speed up to 13:30 or so:

#8 10 years ago

D&D in Tucson has one in great shape and I have put a lot of time on it. Overall, if you like multiball, magnets in playfield throwing the ball around, and shakers (which I do), it is a blast. Not to mention the call out of "you kicked godlliza's ass" always brings a smile to my face.

2 weeks later
#9 10 years ago

I really like more Sega than even Willians/ Bally. I have a Godzilla and love it!! It has a simple game, pretty fast, with simple rules, a nice shaker and 2 magnets under the pf to chance the ball course. If you like Segas, you probably gonna like this!! And it is a pretty rare machine (only 500 or 600 made).
If I can help with more information, please, let me know!!
Fábio.

#10 10 years ago

To me, it's a System 11 ruleset in a DMD game. I have a review of it up on IPDB where it ends up with a 6 / 10 for me, but I find that I rate games differently than my buying habits... I own at least five or six games that I rated below that, and LOTR, which I gave a 9.6, I have no interest in owning of those ever.

For Godzilla, I don't like the audio at all, but the shaker is integrated into the game so well, I feel like that evens out. The gameplay is dominated by just a few shots because there really isn't that much you can shoot at.

I would pick one up if it fell into my lap for the right price, but I wouldn't seek one out. In a large collection, I think it can hold it's own. In a small one, I don't think it's worthy.

And, for Sega cred, VND is one of the best games ever made and mine will never leave, and I also own Batman Forever, Baywatch and Starship Troopers. X-Files is one of the worst games ever made, but that has nothing to do with the name on the backbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-lovers-is-godzilla-really-that-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.