10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I bought a used spare DMD about 3 years ago that was supposed to be outgassing but looking fine. Never tested it. I just tested now finally and it has about 15 lines vertical lines out. I figured it was shot and junk...

So, I decided to push from the backside towards the glass side squeezing it with my fingers and the lines all fill in. When I let go, then the lines go out again. The color looks great on the lines that are there. Any thoughts?

Is there a way to tighten or adjust them? Is it need of a solder reflowing?

I've never messed with one but it seems like its not shot, just in need of some minor repair.

#2 10 years ago

If the lines/ribbons/wires going into the display are cracked or broken. They can be carefully soldered or fixed with electrical conductive epoxy.

If they are damaged inside the glass, not much you can do.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-large-dmd-issuequestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.