image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DMD controller (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
000 broke lcd pin harley 1 (resized).jpg
000 broke 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtotans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I attached 2 pics and wanted to see if anyone knew what could be wrong with my Sega Harley Davidson pinball screen. I took 2 pics and can take more. (there is no blue, just apparently from my camera.) simple fix, expensive fix, etc.. thanks

000 broke 2 (resized).jpg000 broke 2 (resized).jpg

000 broke lcd pin harley 1 (resized).jpg000 broke lcd pin harley 1 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

ok, I will try it. Thanks. I did the one end, but not the other. I appreciate the advice. Also, if it's not that, any other possibilities?

#5 6 years ago

thanks guys, I will try that tomorrow.

#6 6 years ago

I disconnected everything and plugged everything back in but to no prevail. So when I put the power back to it, the same thing happened. At this time both the small and big ribbon was disconnected. So if the ribbon wasn't connected at this point, does that mean it's something besides the ribbon? Then I plugged everything back in including the ribbon, but to no prevail. I will check the voltage at this point as suggested. Anything else? Could it be the DMD screen itself?

#8 6 years ago

So I changed the small board, I had a spare, no good. I used the ribbon on id4 and that worked on that game. So I guess I eliminated another 2 possible issues. So maybe it's the dmd . However when I took out my back up small power board that was red hot the short time I had it plugged it on. Going to swap entire dmd next.

#9 6 years ago

I switched out the DMd, and it worked for independence Day and my id4 didn't work for Harley. So it's obviously not the DMD. so I'm gonna check the voltage next. Striking out but I guess I'm eliminating other issues, but running out of ideas.

#11 6 years ago

I'm going to work on it tomorrow. I was just looking up on the dmd controller board. The cheapest one I saw so far is $125. I'm sure most places don't do returns, but I guess if I eliminated everything else, it might be worth a shot.

#14 6 years ago

So I forgot I tested my dmd controller board and it worked fine with the id4. I just tried to make sure all wires were attached. All my fuses are good. Here are the updated pics. It seems like I get more lines now, not that it's working or anything. I need to buy a digital meter. Here are some updated pics. I don't know what else to trouble shoot at this point.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

#20 6 years ago

#24 6 years ago

I will check. Thank you. I really appreciate your help. You're awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtotans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-harley-davidson-dmd-screen-need-advice?tu=rtotans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.