1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SteveinTexas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Proposed power Rewiring. (resized).PNG
    240 power Arrangement. (resized).PNG
    Sega Gun Fight (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

I picked up a Big Daddy project game from Chandler, Texas a few days after Christmas and saw in the sellers lockup another game. I recognized it vaguely from a thread by pinsider called ZNET whom has many rare beautifully restored pins and arcade games. It was as the title mentions a SEGA Gun Fight.

Sega Gun Fight (resized).JPG It is a two person game that gets good reviews for game play and appears to be rare nowadays. The seller had picked it up years ago at an auction and as it is configured to 240 V never did anything with it.

Anyway we struck a deal and it just went in the Jeep with the Big Daddy and I think I pinched a good game away from the Dallas area guys, doesn’t happen often.

It has a few things missing but ZNET has most of the parts and is willing to part with them to help me with the game. Here is a link to ZNET's thread that starts at post #230 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-em-bowlers-mechanical-and-old-electrical-toys-in-your-gameroom

The question I have for our electrical guru’s is how do I convert to run on 110 Volts? On review the wiring of a US and UK wired game both games seems similar. There are two transformers on my UK originating game; one steps from 240 Volts to 100 Volts and the second transformer that has a choice of receiving 90/100 or 110 Volts steps further down to 50/28/22/12/6 volts to operate the game. The 240 V transformer has a lug for receiving 130 V. I have no schematic yet so with my meter I traced out the power wiring and made a sketch below.
    240 power Arrangement. (resized).PNG
    The US originating games have one transformer. To me the conversion seems straight forward but I would like confirmation.

I also have made a sketch of my proposed changes to covert my UK originating game to run here and would like an OK or comments. The issues I see but believe may be OK is there are a couple of solenoids that are designed for 100V at 50 or 60 HZ power. When I power with 110 V it will receive obviously 110 Volts not 100 Volts.

Proposed power Rewiring. (resized).PNG

#2 1 year ago

Bump for some advice on this conversion

#3 1 year ago

I don't like that your sketch has the fuse on the neutral. It should go on the hot wire from the wall, preferably before the switch.

Also, have a look at Vid's guide for replacing cords. There is information about converting a reimport game that might help you.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

#4 1 year ago

just buy a step up transformer on ebay its easier than a risk I do it all the time for pins like spinball jolly park and others very easy and like 50.00

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don't like that your sketch has the fuse on the neutral. It should go on the hot wire from the wall, preferably before the switch.
    Also, have a look at Vid's guide for replacing cords. There is information about converting a reimport game that might help you.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

I am showing you what the game has currently. Fuse location relocation noted.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

just buy a step up transformer on ebay its easier than a risk I do it all the time for pins like spinball jolly park and others very easy and like 50.00

To be clear I am going to 110 Volts from 240 volts. I I am obviously slow in this. Could you link to what you mean on eBay so I understand?

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

To be clear I am going to 110 Volts from 240 volts. I I am obviously slow in this. Could you link to what you mean on eBay so I understand?

ebay.com link » Step Up And Down 2000w Heavy Duty Voltage Transformer 110v To From 220v

Ebay is littered with these.

LTG : )

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

ebay.com link » Step Up And Down 2000w Heavy Duty Voltage Transformer 110v To From 220v
    Ebay is littered with these.
    LTG : )

Thanks LTG and mikepin.

#9 1 year ago

2000 watts is too big, you don't need that. 750 watts is plenty and a more workable size. here's the one i use:
    ebay.com link » Simran 220 Volt 110 Volt 750 Watt New Step Up Down Power Transformer 110v 220v

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

2000 watts is too big, you don't need that. 750 watts is plenty and a more workable size. here's the one i use:
    ebay.com link » Simran 220 Volt 110 Volt 750 Watt New Step Up Down Power Transformer 110v 220v

I bought this one. Thanks all.

1 week later
    #11 1 year ago

Wait a minute. You just picked up a Big Daddy and a Sega Gunfight in one pickup? Lucky!

#12 1 year ago

And a Gottlieb Knockout that is ready for pickup this afternoon. I was a little piggy during the break. :lol

The gun fight is coming along.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 75.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.95
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside