Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-41 (resized).png
screen-capture-40 (resized).png
processed3 (resized).jpeg
processed2 (resized).jpeg
processed (resized).jpeg

#1 10 months ago

Gameroommods is in the final stages of development of a replacement Satellite dish for Goldeneye. These will be 3d Resin printed from a durable resin with some flexibility. It's time for feedback from the community settling on the final details. When it's ready it will be offered for sale on our Pinside marketplace store at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/04601-sega-reproduction-pinball-parts.

The photos below show a late development (but not final) version of the dish. The final versions will have a few changes most of which you wouldn't see.
1. The outer and inner rim has an improved design
2. The seams are more evenly distributed from outer to inner
3. Example in the photos have some production flaws that won't be in a production version

We are looking for feedback on the following items:
1. Thoughts about the color - Does the grey in the photo work? If not how would you change it? Should we bother with a white one like the original? We may offer a limited edition gold one as well but that would happen after we perfect the regular colored ones. Any other colors you think would look good?

2. Thoughts on the seams. You like? Not like? Any downsides or upsides you can think of? The main downside I'm thinking of is trapping dust/dirt. We could easily offer it with and without seams with multiple colors but fewer options and choices is better.

3. Any other feedback or thoughts?

processed (resized).jpegprocessed2 (resized).jpegprocessed3 (resized).jpeg
#2 10 months ago

well has to be said I designed mine and made available quite a few years ago now and create the original reproduction and the modded paneled satellite version, bit disappointing

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks007&sort=newest

mine are solid nylon so will take impact

I checked out your range and there is a pattern - why not create something original over reproducing other peoples mods / parts - this is what ruins the community and modders go against modders

screen-capture-40 (resized).png
#3 10 months ago

**** BUYER BEWARE ****

these are resin printed and will fail and smash in time - resin is for looks not ball interaction

screen-capture-41 (resized).png

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside