(Topic ID: 220334)

Sega Goldeneye boot issues (flashing inserts and blanking led)

By Edenecho

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by action76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi!
So, long story short;
I bought a goldeneye, it had rather much alkaline damage. I shipped to a pinsider who did his best to fix it, and I got the board back and tested it today.
First, I updated the eproms and added an NVRAM. Then i powered on the machine.

What happens is all the insert lamps start flashing, blinking on and off constantly. There is nothing on the DMD. The "blanking" LED is flashing on and off, and the 50 and 20 V LED (i think it is, the second and forth lamp on the power board) is off.

any idea where to start, or what could cause this kind of behaviour? I know it might still be remnants of the alkaline, but the damaged components were removed, clean and replaced and new jumper wires were added etc, it looks like a good job.

The video of the behaviour can be seen here:

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

This is the board's way of communicating that the cpu can't see the driver board. It's hard to diagnose, as there are about a dozen things that could cause it, but first check the ribbon cable between the two boards, and reseat all socketed chips.

#3 1 year ago

Question, does the backbox lights flash as well? Does the DMD come on when you first turn it on? Do you hear a clicking noise (relay)? Refer to my post and look at the video and see if yours is behaving the same.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-problem-with-sega-goldeneye

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck , NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.95
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside