(Topic ID: 98585)

Sega Goldeneye: Auto multiball ready on 3rd ball? Wtf?

By Edenecho

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Edenecho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Good evening! Well, after some downtime due to repair on my goldeneye, I got to play some yesterday and I suddenly noticed that on my 3rd ball, suddenly both locks were lit as finished and the multiball was ready for starting, needing just one shot to start it. This was without me locking any balls in the prior balls. I really cant remember seeing this before, but maybe i just wasnt focusing on it. still...

This sortof ruins some of the competition aspect. I have all settings on extra hard.

Does anyone have any experience with this, is this a normal "feature" on DE and SEGA pinballs?
And, is it possible to somehow turn this feature off?

Cheers!

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the answers folks!
On one side I can understand why its there from a commercial point of view (keep customers coming back) but it really bugs me that SEGA hasnt added an adjustment feature to turn it off.

I started noticing it because I had some people over and they naturally often didnt get multiball, and suddenly I saw that most had the multiball ready on ball 3..

Playing actively in tournaments, its a dealbreaker for goldeneye in tournament play imo, and its a shame since i enjoy playing it.
Of course skilled players will have gotten several multiballs before ball 3, and the poor fella who gets the pityball most probably wont win by that alone (although you only need 1 ball ) but for me its about the balancing. Hitting the lock is a dangerous shot and is supposed to be earned.

Still, I really enjoy the game and I think its hard as hell. gotta practice more.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Perhaps you should code some games then....

Im all about user choices and options
Im programming software, not games yet unfortunately. It just seems not the most difficult feature to program (pseudocode: if ballCount == 3 set mbReady = true, and just change the boolean through adjustements.), along with the ability to play with just one ball. had some 1 ball game with friends on Shadow, it was insane. But on Sega's you can choose 2,3,4,5....but one 1 ball anyways, that was a digression.

But hey, you cant always get what you want =)

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is a 18 year old game, just play and enjoy.

I already am, but im still curious as to why small certain features are added or not, perhaps other people have any views or opinions. This is a forum after all.

#15 9 years ago

IIRC, Family Guy also has the lard multiball feature..so yeah, just gotta cope with it

blondetall, I have no doubt you will have great fun nevertheless! Its as you say, a more critical factor in tournaments etc. I seem to recall having heard that Goldeneye was used in a ifpa or papa tourney once, but not sure. If so, it would be cool to hear how they handled this pityball.

#17 9 years ago

yeah I looked it up now and at least it was not used in the last rounds of the PAPA tournaments

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-goldeneye-auto-multiball-ready-on-3rd-ball-wtf?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.