(Topic ID: 87655)

Sega Godzilla ROM questions.. From 1.00 to 2.05...

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The Godzilla machine I picked up over the weekend has 1.00 ROMSin it. I just orderd the 2.05 ROMS from John.

Does anyone know what difference these ROMS made? I was shocked on my game how under-utilized the two middle playfield magnets are, and I'm wondering if these ROMS make better use of them.

Any ideas?

#2 10 years ago

Don't know - haven't played with either.

But a cursory look at the code itself shows legacy code from VND in the Godzilla 2.05 ROM. It might be they lifted routines from VND wholesale for reuse in Godzilla or used part of it and commented out the rest. For example, "Road Kill" and "Drag Race" are referenced in Bank 61 of the ROM. There is also mention of an Easter Egg award in there.

One thing I did notice between .9 and 2.05 was additional country support which typically drove ROM increments.

viperrwk

#3 10 years ago

Mine had v.90 in it and only played a couple games before I upgraded. I do recall after the upgrade the magnets were much more active and stronger. It would be nice to dump your v1.00 to preserve it. I can help with that if you want.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I can send you the chip/s after I replace them, Tekman....

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Thanks for the replies. I can send you the chip/s after I replace them, Tekman....

Awesome! I'll also submit the image/s to VPForums.

#6 10 years ago

It would be good to preserve this and upload to IPDB since Stern has wiped out their game code archive with their site redesign. While the 1.0 version chips weren't there to begin with, it's still worthwhile to collect these older revisions of game code.

viperrwk

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

It would be good to preserve this and upload to IPDB since Stern has wiped out their game code archive with their site redesign. While the 1.0 version chips weren't there to begin with, it's still worthwhile to collect these older revisions of game code.
viperrwk

Agreed. I'll submit to IPDB as well.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

viperrwk

You can still get to the game code archive, at least for now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140209103057/http://www.sternpinball.com/GAME-code.shtml

#9 10 years ago

Agreed - especially the part about "at least for now". It's not a place people normally go to look for code and is not indexed by Google. And if Stern ever decides to ask the Internet Archive to purge those results, it's game over.

viperrwk

1 month later
#10 9 years ago

Thanks to tamoore, I was able to dump v.1.00 today. I submitted them to both VPForums and IPDB. It always takes IPDB weeks to make changes and VPForums will be quick to show.

1 month later
#11 9 years ago

Hi Tekman,

I have no submissions in queue for Godzilla and show nothing has been added to our listing since 2009.

Can you resubmit your information to us?

Please be sure to include your email address in case I have any questions.

Thanks,

Jay
IPDB

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Hi Tekman,
I have no submissions in queue for Godzilla and show nothing has been added to our listing since 2009.
Can you resubmit your information to us?
Please be sure to include your email address in case I have any questions.
Thanks,
Jay
IPDB

Sure. My last two submissions to IPDB haven't been added. 1) Data East King Kong apron decals 2) Godzilla ROMs. When I submitted the DE King Kong ROMs everything worked fine. I'll try again.

Thanks.

#13 9 years ago

Okay, I uploaded both again. Hopefully it worked this time.

#14 9 years ago

Hi Tekman,

I see what's happening. Or, rather, what's not happening. First, neither submission is in my work queue. However, our Active Listings File shows that somebody has activated the Submission Tool for each of them (I see an associated email address but I won't reveal it here), a file has been added for each game, but each Submission was not successfully submitted yet. From my end, each looks like you are still actively operating the Submission Tool at this very moment. Only because you have told me that you are not actively in them can I conclude they are in an abandoned state, which means I'd never see them in queue, and eventually (a few days?) they'd drop out of the abandoned status and disappear as if they never happened. That may explain instances where things were believed to have been sent then... nothing is ever heard back from me.

You may have done everything exactly right and we may have a problem on our end. However, if ever you are submitting and you fatfinger and accidentally blow the screen away, or you do not click the "final button" but instead close the window in any other manner, your submission becomes abandoned and it waits a few days for you to pick it back up and continue where you left off, before it deletes itself. And I'll never know.

So, what I'd like you to do, please, is go to the [Settings] link found on any IPDB page, click on it, and then in the right column, about the third or fourth block down, will be a block called "Abandoned Submissions". (This block only appears if you have abandoned submissions.) You should see both of your submissions there. Focusing on only one at a time, click [Try to Re-Edit] and you will be placed back into your open Submission, almost always right where you last left it (once in a while it drops your last-added details). You want to get back to the Main Page of the Submission where the "flashing arrow" is at the top (if you are not already there), then scroll all the way down to the very bottom of this Main Page, and click on "Submit Update for Review". That is the final button, the correct button to click which sends your submission into my work queue. Any other method of closing out the Form will result in an abandoned (and unseen) submission as described earlier. When you have done this, go back to [Settings] and do your other submission in the same way.

If you believe you originally did do it the prescribed way, please do the above anyway, and I'll take a new look.

Thank you!

Jay

P.S. Because you included your email address in the space provided for it on the Form, you can look anytime at the [Settings] link and on the right side is a block listing all of your "Submissions waiting in Queue" to confirm your submission arrived, and when it arrived.

#15 9 years ago

Jay:

Thanks for taking the time to explain why I was a big dummy and failed to click the 'submit changes' button. I hopefully did it right this time!

BTW: I didn't see any abandoned submissions listed, so I started over.

Thanks.

#16 9 years ago

Godzilla v.1.00 ROMs are now on IPDB!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Jay:
Thanks for taking the time to explain why I was a big dummy and failed to click the 'submit changes' button. I hopefully did it right this time!
BTW: I didn't see any abandoned submissions listed, so I started over.
Thanks.

Hi Tekman,

Yep, both arrived in queue just fine, and by now you should have received two email acknowledgements that I have accepted them to the site.

Thank you for including your email address with them. While an email address is not mandatory, I always request one because there have been times where I've had strange or interesting information given me and no one to ask for clarification, so I've had to delete the info. Especially with ROM submissions do I request an email address, as I am primarily an EM guy and can have questions with how to accurately identify ROMs. For instance, you identified your Godzilla ROMs as V.1.00. If you want to go to the Godzilla listing and click on the other ROM file labeled only as 'ROMs', and if you tell me what a more correct and complete label would be for THAT file, I'll correct its label as it appears in the listing.

Thank you!

Jay

#18 9 years ago

Jay:

The original version on IPDB is the latest at v.2.05 for both PinMAME and factory.

"V.2.05 ROMs"

Thanks.

John

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Jay:
The original version on IPDB is the latest at v.2.05 for both PinMAME and factory.
"V.2.05 ROMs"
Thanks.
John

Hi John,

I have corrected the labeling.

Thank you!

Jay

2 years later
#20 7 years ago

Come to find out, mine has .99 code,
didn't know if anyone else had that
version of code before.
My 2.05 was ordered needless to say.

2 weeks later
#21 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Come to find out, mine has .99 code,
didn't know if anyone else had that
version of code before.
My 2.05 was ordered needless to say.

Nope. Only v.90, v1.00, and v2.05 have been dumped so far.

1 year later
#22 5 years ago

I'm a new owner and mine reads v.99.
How do I go about upgrading?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-godzilla-rom-questions-from-100-to-205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.