(Topic ID: 80322)

Sega Godzilla: Can someone explain the orbit shots to me?

By tamoore

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fabiofpc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Contemplating trading for one of these, but I want to make sure I'll like the shot layout.

I played one once, and remember liking it, but the place was loud so I couldn't hear, and I played about a dozen other games for the first time, so I can't remember much about it.

Orbits tend to be important to me, so I want to make sure I understand them.

Looks like the outer left orbit shot can end up a couple of different places. One of them is up along a ramp that has an entrance at the rear right. Another looks to be back to the shooter lane? And yet another would be a magnet stopping it and dropping it into the pops. Is that right?

It doesn't appear to have a right orbit shot. Is there any variety with the right ramp (like a diverter or something similar), or does the right ramp just return to the left flipper every shot?

Thanks for any info!

#2 10 years ago

It has a shaker.

#3 10 years ago

You could go to Papa Gameplay tutorial like I do to see how a game plays . It's changed my mind a lot of times !

#4 10 years ago

The shots in Godzilla are all set up for various Multi-Ball achievements.

- The far left one sets up Baby Godzillas MB. If you hit the shot hard enough, it makes a full loop and drops down at the right flipper. If it is a soft hit, then it will drop out of the loop at the Pop Bumpers.

- The right ramp sets up Godzilla Multiball. Again, hit it hard enough it will drop down for the left flipper. Not hard enough, it will drop out at the top at the Pop Bumpers as well. Once you hit this shot enough times, Godzilla MB will start and the ball will drop back onto the playfield out of Godzilla's Mouth.

The most important thing you can do to rack up crazy high scores is to stack all 5 of the MBs.

Also during MB, the shaker motor really comes into play as well as the magnets underneath the playfield as it will divert the balls all over the place.

I love mine. Almost decided to sell it not too long ago, but my kids talked me out of it. Glad they did and I am playing it a lot lately.

Hope that helps!

#5 10 years ago

Left orbit is super important
Hit x amount of times to access the multiball but be careful not to cash in the MB because if you keep hitting it it gives you eb and then special green machine scoring.

Three out comes to the orbit are pops, shooter lane, ramp.
Ramp is usually the best bet.

On another not the game is really incomplete.
About as finished as Metallica is now.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the help, guys. I appreciate it.

#7 10 years ago

What are you trading?

3 weeks later
#8 10 years ago

The left orbit feeds a ramp and drop the ball for right flipper. This orbit is easy to get and you can achieve: shortcut for sonar, extra ball, Baby Godzilla (mode needed to start the last mission - Save NY), Mean Green, Super Pops and Mistery.

In the right side, first you have the sonar device (with captive balls), them you have the ramp that drop the ball forleft flipper or through Godzilla's mouth (depending on the mode / mission). This ramp is necessary for Godzilla Multiball (another mode you need to start the last mission). So you don't really have a right orbit, only the ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-godzilla-can-someone-explain-the-orbit-shots-to-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.