10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BinGhanem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BinGhanem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I posted while ago about picking up three machine, CV, Frankenstein and NBA Fastbreak.

I picked them up, sold CV and NBA and kept Frankenstein, the body and machines looks really good, I thought it would be great to keep it.

I do have some issues though with the machine and I can make it as a project pin, just to fix the problems, no need for any touch up or body work, I was surprised how clean is the back of the playfield.

The fist issue is the display, which I know its a huge issue, it doesn't work, I tried to remove the connectors, clean them and attached them again, but same problem.

second is the ball kicker and ejector.

First time I turned on the game, smoke came out from somewhere, when I checked today again, no smoke, but the paper around the coil is brown, so I assume its a transistor, don't know which one to check, I lost my multimeter lol will get one tomorrow.

I can't make a test because the screen doesn't work, is there any trick before I start looking for new display, I heard its really hard to find one these days.

Finally, there is a buzzing sound coming from the transformer, is that normal with the old games? same thing with NBA fastbreak when I started it.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Also you can check power to the DMD ( carefully - it is high ), then you know if you have power issues to DMD, or DMD issues.

Can you tell me how to check the power ? with MM ?

Thanks !

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply,

I found out Q29 is burned, I actually saw a smoke coming from the transistor, so before changing the coil's I'll have to change the transistor then the coil.

The only Q29 made a sound when I check it by the MM, all other transistors do not.

Haven't check the display yet, the manual looks complicated, but I'll figure it out lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
$ 36.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BinGhanem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-frankenstein-couple-of-issues?tu=BinGhanem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.