Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tsskinne
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Parts - wanted

Sega DMD Assemblies needed

Added: 2017-09-17 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (October 30th, 2017)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

#2 6 years ago

If you don't get any replies, check on eBay, usually $80-100. Or new ones are about $180 at pinball life or Marco.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

If you don't get any replies, check on eBay, usually $80-100. Or new ones are about $180 at pinball life or Marco.

I checked on ebay and didn't see anything pop up. searching "Sega DMD" brings up nothing. Am I searching the wrong thing?

#4 6 years ago

Check the brand name on the back of your DMD. Search for that brand for best compatibility.

Edit: sorry you don't have the original. There are a couple major brands. Can't think of them off hand. Maybe owners of the game can chime in with their brands.

#5 6 years ago

Vishay, Cherry, Babcock, Quantum Electronics. They should all work. Just search for "pinball DMD". I have never seen one that was proprietary to a game brand. (Except the large Sega displays in Maverick, Batman forever, Baywatch and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein or small displays for Data East Hook, TMNT, checkpoint). All the 128 x 32 line, plasma dmd's have pretty much the same specs.

#6 6 years ago

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=164

$179 each brand new with 5% off for 2 or more. Both of your games are on the compatiblity list.

#7 6 years ago

As mentioned above any brand 128x32 DMD will work in any pinball machine. They all have the same interface.

#8 6 years ago

You could even put in a Sigma LED ColorDMD in them now and choose which ever color you want the display to be while you wait for the game to get colorized. Choose the Sam/Whitestar kit for these 2 games.

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

#9 6 years ago

Or you could go with pin2dmd which is only little over the price of a original dmd and also adds color!
PM

#10 6 years ago

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions but I need more than just the DMD screen. I need 2 entire DMD assemblies, The DMD screen, the DMD holder, the static shield, the RF shield, and the Display controller board. Its all gone

1 week later
#11 6 years ago

Bump, anyone have a full DMD sega assembly? I actually could use 2 and a digital I/O board as well

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Bump, anyone have a full DMD sega assembly? I actually could use 2 and a digital I/O board as well

You will have to piece it all together most likely. I had to do it for a Godzilla a few years ago it was a pain in the ass.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-dmds-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.