Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Goodmornig! I try to fix the pinball of Baywatch SEGA '95.
I start with the knocker's coil and with a flash-light on the ramp witch dont work, i took a look on the electric diagrams and i saw that there are connected both on the darlington's transistor TIP122 called Q39.
This transistor, placed in cpu board, was broken. Then I change it and I turn on the pinball but the problem was the same. I took a look on the coil, the wire war connected in the opposite way, fixed it and replaced Q39 (broken down again) i turn-on the pinball but the now the problem are increased. Now two Sling-shot (left and right), the two Bumper (right and bottom) and again the knocker don't work, also a fuse (4 Ampere) called F5 on the source card (PPB) break-down. I control the transistors of these coil but are ok, i look the diagrams on the manual but i have no idea what is the problem.
Sorry for my bad english, I hope that someone help me

#2 7 years ago

When you replace the transistor there is a pre-driver, think smaller transistor, that also should be replaced. I do not have a manual for a data east but maybe someone else can chime in.

You also should replace the diode located on the coil itself when you replace the transistor. On the diode there is a colored stripe or band printed on it. Which side the band is on is how you connect the wires to the coil.

If one of those four things are wrong, they all need to be replaced. A bad driver, your tip122, can kill the pre-driver and diode. A bad pre-driver can kill the driver and diode. A bad diode can kill the driver and pre-driver. If the wires are not connected correctly in relation to the diode it will kill the diode, driver, and pre-driver.

Check the wiring of another coil that uses one of those same colored wires. Look at the diode on that coil and pay attention to which side the band is on. Go back to your problem coil. Replace the diode and make sure the wire is the same in relation to the diode as the working coil.

Replace your tip122, replace the pre-driver and also the fuse. Try it again and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-baywatchs-pinball-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.