(Topic ID: 189847)

Sega Baywatch no 32v

By splitskull

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So my Sega Baywatch is blowing F7 fuse on PPBoard. so no 32v. No flashers and no coils.
Replacing the F7 going in diag and run test on cycling coils (or cycling flashers doesn't matter), will blow up the F7 fuse.
Running the cycling flashers test will cycle up some coils for some reason.

With game off I did a quick check on all Q transistors and cpu and they all look ok to me. (Q29 is the one switching the K1 relay in theory)
With game on and grounding the Q29 doesn't seem to get K1 relay to click. But instead blows the F7 fuse. (quite spectacular)
I checked PPBoard components and they all seem fine. No idea how to check the K1 relay, but everything else was ok.
Looked under the playfield for shorted wires going to any flashers and coils and did not find anything strange.
Don't have any hacked wires/connectors on boards, nothing toasted, or weird looking.

The game was working and I was the last one I played on it before buying it. The only thing I did back home is to remove all fuses and install the correct ones. Like I do in all the games. I had a mixed bag of wtf fuses. Like a 15A, 20A and one that was a simple wire soldered across the fuse ends...

Any idea on where to look next? To at least narrow it, if is something on boards (which one PPB or CPU) or is something under the playfield?

#2 6 years ago

check for a top side flasher twisted up. like one mounted on the metal ramps. I had one on a ramp blowing fuses. Took a minute to find....

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

check for a top side flasher twisted up. like one mounted on the metal ramps. I had one on a ramp blowing fuses. Took a minute to find....

checked all 5 top flashers. Nothing exposed wires touching ramps.

#4 6 years ago

To be more specific, running the cycling flashers test will cycle up 50V coils for some reason.

#5 6 years ago

Just in case someone has the same issue. One of the top playfield flashers was the issue. The screw that keeps the socket in place, cut into the orange wire and was grounding it to the ramp. Orange wire is POWER. (not like I thought, ground).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-baywatch-no-32v and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.