Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello everybody, I joined the great world of pinside today! And I have a question about my Sega Baywatch pinball table: seems that as of yesterday, some switches activate multiple switches simultaneously, ghost switches. Actually all of the switches that show this behaviour are connected via green/yellow cable to CN8-4, Q52; switches: 25, 26, 28, 30, 31 and 32. Slam tilt is one of the ghost switches activated by switch 31. This stops the game. I unplugged / replugged all plugs / cables from the boards, but no joy. Do I need to buy a new CPU board? Baywatch #sega #dataeast #ghostswitch

#2 6 years ago

Welcome!

Also ask in the baywatch club thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/45#post-4338662

Do you have the paper manual for the game?

Have you inspected each of those switches?

Could be a common issue in the switch matrix.

#3 6 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response! Yes, I do have the paper manual of the game. The affected switches have in common that they all connect with Q52 of the switch matrix. It was okay at first, last 2 days it was not working as it should. Not sure about the next steps. Replacing CPU board is not very cheap.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Move-your-car:

Hi, thanks for your response! Yes, I do have the paper manual of the game. The affected switches have in common that they all connect with Q52 of the switch matrix. It was okay at first, last 2 days it was not working as it should. Not sure about the next steps. Replacing CPU board is not very cheap.

Follow the wire from q52, to each switch it goes to. A wire maybof broke off a solder join, but if all are bad you may need to just new transistor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-baywatch-ghost-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.