IMGA0541[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0545[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0544[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0543[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0542[1]_(resized).JPG
IMG_7935_(resized).JPG
IMG_7835_(resized).JPG
IMG_7837_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Hey Paul, I'll take one also. The 2 screws that go into the left side of the grip only screw into plastic and are easy to strip and I was wondering if there was anything you could do about that.

#7 8 years ago

It would be great if they were made out of metal that could be chromed, cnc machines can do wonderful things these days.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The only crappy thing about that JP gun is it sticks out so far, I keep accidentally pistol whipping myself with it when I bend down to get stuff. Had it happen to me today. Seriously.

"pistol whipping"....now that brings up some funny images. I hope it hasn't drawn any blood.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I still have the bump on my head today. :-/

No blood then......good.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was going to recast these in metal like JP's gun is.

Why didn't you do it? Cost?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If we had an order of around 50, I could get them cast in aluminum.

That's about how many I was thinking it would take to get done in metal. It would also be nice to have the flat area where it comes up against the 6 bolt metal plate that attaches to the cab a bit thicker also, that's the weak point. Even if the handle was done in plastic that would be the point to make thicker. I hope I explained it right.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because I didn't have enough interest. Plus I need to find a source for metal casting.

I see.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I keep accidentally pistol whipping myself with it when I bend down to get stuff. Had it happen to me today. Seriously.

Ya know if it were silver in color that might not happen.

#28 8 years ago

OK let's start a list, who would be up for a metal one...#1 Me.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't want to tap my own though. I like it when someone else taps mine for me.

Me too, last time I tapped one I didn't push it down straight and fast enough.......got beer all over the place.

Only 44 to go. Come on guys, spread the word.

#42 8 years ago

I don't think anyone would pay that much. I wonder if Marco or PBL would be interested in buying some.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

Guys, thanks for the comments. plan is to make the base thicker, and the guts will have an internal webbing for strength (it will be an entire new unit, no need to have the old Sega guts to mount it on) I'm going to try it in some carbon PLA and ABS for strength and looks. I'm also looking into metal by the the SLS approach, still quite pricy, but the good news for that's is we pay the same if we do 1 or 20 (beauty of 3D printing). without knowing the size of the run i'm trying to avoid casting with a lot of finishing required. Yes, I currently plan to counter sink all the screws on one side with a receiving nut on the other. My goal is for this to be solid and reliable, if it doesn't come out that way that I won't consider it successful.
-Paul

What's SLS?

2 weeks later
#51 8 years ago

Hmmmm, not to much going on here, I wonder what's going on.

1 week later
#53 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe he's just so busy cranking them out for us.

That would be nice. Hey Captain did you get one of beatmasters gun plate light ups? He only made a few.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nope, don't even know what you are talking about.

Here's a picture of it.The picture is not very good but it's a nice bright blue.

IMGA0324[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0324[1]_(resized).JPG

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

blue, looks purple. I bet it could be any color you wanted. Looks good. Is it stable? gun still feel solid....well as solid as it can anyway

Yeah I know but it's blue.

I think he only made blue, you'd have to ask.

Yes it's stable, the gun, as you know is the weak point.

I found clear plastic bolts and will use them to hold the gun plate on and I made a box with led pads in it to put inside the cab behind the bolts to light them up. So the 6 bolt heads will light up blue also. I may only need one led pad.

Gonna look really cool when I put my leg light-ups on too.

IMGA0356[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0356[1]_(resized).JPG

#58 8 years ago

I just swapped out the 6 bolts and installed the clear plastic bolts and they did just what I thought. As they went through the blue lit plastic they picked up and transfered light to the bolt head. I may not need the box I made from the above post, the bolt heads light up just fine without it.

IMGA0368[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0368[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0367[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0367[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0365[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0365[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#67 7 years ago

That looks great. Does ABS come in clear?

1 week later
#77 7 years ago

Dang that clear/frosted one would be tits lit up, how many of those do you need orders for? I don't need the 6 mounting bolts (mine are clear) or the Molex plug so how much for a black one? How strong is the polycarb compared to the ABS?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

I can order quantity 1 on the clear (i.e., there's no savings on those.) Poly carb is a little stronger, but lower heat specs. not something that should be a concern on a pinball machine inside (i.e., 185F). ABS Black without Molex is $375 with shipping for St. Paul. Clear is $492.5 with shipping.

How soon would I get a clear one if I ordered today? It would be a frosted look clear right? No Molex connector.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

2 weeks at the earliest but could take 3 weeks.
-Paul

What about my second question.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

yes it's "frosted like" not completely clear.

Thanks, so all I do is switch my trigger, switch and spring to your gun handle correct. Sorry for all the questions.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

If you have an existing gun and you want to assemble and reuse your switch, spring, bolts and wiring harness). let me know and i'll knock off $25. May price includes plug and play (new switch, spring, bolts and wiring harness, but happy to reuse what you have and you assemble.)
-Paul

Thanks. Well plug-n-play would save me alot of bs so I'll take a clear one.

#89 7 years ago

Paul, payment sent. When do ya think I will get it?

2 weeks later
#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

final pictures, order goes out tomorrow.
Thanks
-Paul

Cool, thanks Paul. No more banging into that because you didn't see it. No I just have to figure out how to route the led strip inside it to light it up.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of it on your machine and lighted!

Me too. It'll take me a bit to figure out how to run the strip(s).

#97 7 years ago

You had no idea I was gonna mess with the game this bad when you sold it to me did ya Kris.

#98 7 years ago

Now this thing is WILD looking and the quality is TOP NOTCH! This is gonna light up like CRAZY.....if I can decide what color to use. Thanks Paul. Question for you Paul I want to get clear plastic screws and nuts, what size do I need?

IMGA0506[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0506[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0507[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0507[1]_(resized).JPG

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Shoulda known, you are usually slightly ahead of the curve...

Thanks. I hope it turns out better then my T molding light up on my GB Pro I just did.

1 week later
#107 7 years ago

Oh man, modding this clear handle for an RGB strip is not for the faint of heart. Lots of precise grinding away the internal support structure but making sure not to weaken it and rerouting the trigger switch wiring is proving to be a pain but doable. I tested parts of it lit and OMG this is gonna be unbelievable when it's finished. Because of the frosted plastic it EXPLODES with multi colored light. I can't wait to show you guys when it's finished. This is going to be the GRANDDADDY of all shooters in the history of pinball.

IMGA0542[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0542[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0543[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0543[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0544[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0544[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0545[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0545[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0541[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0541[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0540[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0540[1]_(resized).JPG

#109 7 years ago

SUCCESS!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! Oh man is this cool, pictures just do not do this justice. If we still had film cameras I could show everyone how cool (well actually warm cuz the leds heat the plastic ) this REALLY is. The last picture is white but because white is a mixture of RGB it's not a true white and because all the leds are on the handle does get hot but you can still handle it. Now the only thing I'm waiting on to finish it, but it still can go on the game the way it is are the clear plastic nuts and bolts which should be here in a week or 2.

Thanks Paul for a truly one of a kind BF mod.

IMGA0546[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0546[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0548[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0548[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0549[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0549[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0550[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0550[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0551[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0551[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0552[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0552[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0556[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0556[1]_(resized).JPG

#111 7 years ago

No where near 220 but I'll check it with my temp gun.....is I can find it. I stripped the black material off both sides of the custom shooter housing Beatmaster made me for the game and now that lights the flat mounting plastic of the new gun so the whole thing lights up not just the gun handle. I'll post some pictures when I have it all mounted.

#112 7 years ago

Pictures of the finished and mounted lit gun handle are up on the club thread. Check it out.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

That looks so badass. I just wish they were cheaper. Maybe I'll try and get in on the next batch someday.

He has the clear frosted ones done one at a time. Contact him if you want one......on second thought don't buy one, I like the idea of me having the only one in the known universe.

4 months later
#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

I've found a new printing technique that may improve the resolution and let me get the price down to $299. - Stay Tuned.

Oh get out-a-here $299. For black or clear? Is there another clear one out there or do I still have the only one?

#119 7 years ago

I like being the only one. Is that new material supposed to be stronger?

7 months later
#122 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Did this ever happen? Would love to see this on a game!

Have you tried sending him a pm?

10 months later
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

I would like a gun for mine as well.
The LED ONE looked awesome.
Not sure where everyone is in the projects.

I have the only RGB one so far and that took a lot of modding to make it work. Hopefully he's still making them, probably have to PM him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-batman-forever-gun-handle-making-replacement?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.