Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P80427-092957 copy (resized).jpg
P80427-092853 (resized).jpg
P80427-092910 (resized).jpg
P80427-092743 copy (resized).jpg
P80427-092718 copy (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I have problem with ball trough mechanism from the begin when I have the machine.3-4 years and always was thinking that the problem is from the rollover switches because the were not original and the balls go trough little bit more hard.
But these days had a chance to have brand new and more soft Chery switches compared with these that were on the machine.
So I replaced all of them but the problem still stay the same-Not every game but form let's say 10 games at 2-3 the first ball stuck somehow before it go trough to be kick from the kicker.The claw move of course but the ball stuck somehow very close to the claw.So I must open the coindoor and to roll back all the balls and at this situation the machine just end the ball.
I was thinking that may be the claw have soften spring and it moves much faster and the first ball just cannot go trough.Put much hard spring but effect was minimal.All coils are original and working.No hacks on the mechanism,everything is like should be.
No I think that the level of the machine is not so right compared with my WMS machines.

What is the normal or optimal high at the back and front?
I think and my front legs are not right too.They are much tall than the back and don't have the yellow sticker inside them.I know all SEGA have this.
Are front and back legs must have same long when they are detached ,I mean only the metal parts without the leveler?
And of course could this be the reason if the angle is too big and this thing somehow force the ball to stuck.
I made these measurement and you can see the difference.

P80427-092718 copy (resized).jpgP80427-092718 copy (resized).jpg
P80427-092743 copy (resized).jpgP80427-092743 copy (resized).jpg
P80427-092910 (resized).jpgP80427-092910 (resized).jpg
P80427-092853 (resized).jpgP80427-092853 (resized).jpg

P80427-092957 copy (resized).jpgP80427-092957 copy (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Apollo 13 should have all levelers all the way in - Sega designed it to be at 6.5 degrees with all leg levelers all the way in. Obviously adjust if floor is not level - hope that helps.

#3 5 years ago

It doesn't matter about what kind or length legs is on the machine. It doesn't matter what kind or length your leg levelers are set at. It doesn't matter what the slope of the floor is. I have different legs and jacked up back legs on wooden boards to compensate for the low side of the room at the back of the machines.

All that matters in the end is the slope of the playfield. The ball trough is a part of that playfield.

If you use a standard level set on the playfield and level left to right, and then use an inclinometer to set the playfield angle between 6.0 and 7.0 degrees, the game should operate correctly. If it doesn't, then something is wrong with your mechanics or elsewhere in the trough

#4 5 years ago

I must find a way to see if the degrees are right.
What are the standard size of the legs in cm for SEGA?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I must find a way to see if the degrees are right.
What are the standard size of the legs in cm for SEGA?

Use or borrow a smartphone and download a clinometer app...not super accurate as a dedicated device, but close enough for pinball machines. Make sure to lay it on the playfield when making adjustments, not the glass. I also take the phone out of any case.

77.47cm (30 1/2")

#6 5 years ago

Thank you will do it later and will report.
First will get 4 same legs 77.5.I'm sure that must have at least 4.

#7 5 years ago

it's worthless. I'll haul it off for you free of charge

#8 5 years ago

Is that a STTNG with Demo man handles?

#9 5 years ago

Yes,just feel it like I'm really on the bridge of Enterprise.Always wanted this machine to have handles.

#10 5 years ago

I think I fixed it.Or at least for now.
Put the right legs and leveled it right shoud be.
And rise it from back for faster gameplay.
And the most important-replaced the through metal plate were the balls roll.Used one from TOMMY.It's 99% same just two holes on different places,no problem.
Played several games even completed master mode.For now it's good.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Yes,just feel it like I'm really on the bridge of Enterprise.Always wanted this machine to have handles.

wow nice, saw a Shadow with demo handles as well. neat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Boards
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-apollo-13-cabinet-level?hl=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.