2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61++cF9PggL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

You are over thinking it. The L-pad is going to vary the impedance anyways. I did this on Stern Harley Davidson, but the backbox speakers are wired in series. So I was able to balance the volume level between two series wired backbox and the mono cab speaker, except that I had already replaced the cab speaker with a subwoofer speaker lying around, which the games amp could not drive very well. I added a speaker-to-line level converter and separate 100w amplifier board to the cabinet. Now it's excellent, I can dial in any levels I want.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

That’s what I was planning until I realized the back box speakers are stereo and I can’t find a stereo l-pad for 4ohm speakers. Will the 8ohm stereo l-pad work for 4 ohm speakers?

It will be fine

Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

And how did you power your amp?

I had this adapter lying around my shop. Plenty of juice for this application. I spliced in a switched outlet after the game's power switch enclosure to turn it on and off with the game. The amp sells for $15 on Amazon (TPA3116D2 Mono Amplifier)
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

61++cF9PggL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg61++cF9PggL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Thanks, do you have any experience with an external subwoofer? How does this compare to just hooking up a sub?

I've done external too. The sound quality is somewhat less unless you spend more on a quality subwoofer that is more powerful. You still have to run speaker and power cables, so there's no real gain there.

When mounting internally, the game cabinet becomes the speaker resonating box, so you need less power to give you some vibration that you can feel, especially in your hands. Coupled with shaker motor in the Harley pin, the whole game shakes like a motorcycle - it almost makes you feel like you should climb on and ride it.

I should note that when I have added any kind of audio upgrades my goal is just to improve the sound experience for the player, not to rattle the house windows. That's not my desire, so if you want that it would be a much different path to get there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
arcade-cabinets.com

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.00
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-amp-data-east-speaker-upgrade-help?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.