Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JonH123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yay pinball (resized).jpg
    3700_2 (resized).png
    4D47A841-38DF-487C-BE87-76422A8AEEFE (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Not sure if true in other parts of the US but everyone I talk to in any business it seems is super swamped with work. It seems many companies cannot even find people to fill the orders. Tradespeople I know such as electricians, plumbers, framers cant keep up with work.

I just placed 2 large orders with 2 different companies for amusement devices and both are so swamped and short handed that they are delaying shipping product weeks what used to take days do to being overwhelmed with orders and lack of help.

Just curious what others are experiencing??

#2 5 years ago

Yup, Capitalism at work!!
    I love getting my 401K statements & seeing them grow!!
    Gotta get me a MAGA hat...

#3 5 years ago

Same, we’ve been selling a lot of rooms. A lot to construction crews, and to manufacturing advisors.

#4 5 years ago

True things are good and we will see what happens in 2 years when the next election rolls around.

However remember this happens every time people get comfortable live outside their means and don’t plan for rainy days... a down turn is inevitable! Just a matter of how long until it hits. I plan on having a nice savings so i can leverage myself as much as posible once it hits

Collectible cars and Realestate

#5 5 years ago

Moderator warning: Do not discuss politics; you can discuss the economy, but not politics or elections or similar matters.

Thank you.

#6 5 years ago

My original post just was an observation, not political.

#7 5 years ago

Anytime the economy is booming beyond normalcy, expect a sudden crash to happen at any time. It's just history repeating itself over and over again.

In economic terms, what goes up, has a tendency to come down real fast.

I'm prepared, are you?

#8 5 years ago

I think he was referring to my post...

My bad

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moderator warning: Do not discuss politics; you can discuss the economy, but not politics or elections or similar matters.
    Thank you.

Does this include people's avatars?

#10 5 years ago

I'm actually looking forward to the next economic crash because it will make what money I do have socked away in safe accounts worth more.

My daddy used to tell me when the economy is booming is the time to make money, and when it is in the tank is the time to spend it, but it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

#12 5 years ago

Pensions rule!

#13 5 years ago

Yeah pensions, real money.

#14 5 years ago

Got both, dude.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Got both, dude.

Hell yeah me too.

Wait, we're counting our pins as the 401 right?

#16 5 years ago

People with Mega Money like to keep Busy. The Tax Gain realized is tremendous, and with Low rates, Massive Hurricane Rebuilding, New development/Real Estate cost-investment, Reduction of immigrant Labor, Money is flowing.
    Based on the other thread, Im concerned the average person might see the gains lost because of a possible trade war.
    Japan just signed a deal Europe. Talk of Russia/China/NK/Venezuela/Iran moving off the Petro dollar.
    Part of the up and down, but hopefully this "boom" wont be the peak or short term.

#17 5 years ago

I've been in manufacturing since '84...I've been a one-man show since 1990.....started my own business in '99.

This year, I have 10x the normal work....might even break the 1/2 million $ barrier this year.

no complaints here at all

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Got both, dude.

Same here. I got a jar full of change and Social Security six years off.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

People with Mega Money like to keep Busy.

What's my excuse then?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

This year, I have 10x the normal work....might even break the 1/2 million $ barrier this year.

What do you produce?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What's my excuse then?

What's o-din's excuse? That's like top 3 Pinside deep questions

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

What's o-din's excuse? That's like top 3 Pinside deep questions

You really want medicated arm chair psychotherapy from across the country?

Quoted from o-din:

What's my excuse then?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait, we're counting our pins as the 401 right?

Forgot about the pins, that's gravy!!

#23 5 years ago

I starting to think I might like the life of some of the high rollers on here.

You know, private jets, super pools in the backyard, build a bigger, new house just to fit more pinball machines, swimsuit models for girlfriends, vacations in the Bahamas, and of course my own Supreme pinball machine.

Do you guys think if I started a gofundme to keep me on the air, I might reach my goal in a reasonable amount of time?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

What do you produce?

Mostly medical fixtures and test equipment.

#25 5 years ago

Its been a decent year in my area of business as well so far. . . provided enough extra to justify purchasing a digital x-ray system going in next month.

Hoping it stays that way, but I've been thru cycles like this before.

On the side I like to buy silver -- currently at around $16 an ounce. The last time things got shaky I think it was up around $50/ounce or so. Not quite rolling in enough to move up to gold yet. . .

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You know, private jets, super pools in the backyard, build a bigger, new house just to fit more pinball machines, swimsuit models for girlfriends, vacations in the Bahamas, and of course my own Supreme pinball machine.
    Do you guys think if I started a gofundme to keep me on the air, I might reach my goal in a reasonable amount of time?

Sure, it worked for Otaku didn't it?

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Sure, it worked for Otaku didn't it?

$290 so far of $6K goal.

LTG : )

#28 5 years ago

I’ve been prep’n for a collapse since the SP500 went North of 2,000 pts

One of these days...

The longer it takes the better but I’m ready now
    4D47A841-38DF-487C-BE87-76422A8AEEFE (resized).png4D47A841-38DF-487C-BE87-76422A8AEEFE (resized).png

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

$290 so far of $6K goal.

$290 buys a lot of Jack and burritos. Might even cover a screen door repair kit. I say go for it, o-din.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

$290 so far of $6K goal.

LTG : )

Sure, but he's young and doesn't quite have the "presentation" thing down yet.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As you well know, all it takes is a bad yelp review or 40 to dig into that burrito fund.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As you well know, all it takes is a bad yelp review or 40 to dig into that burrito fund.

Well, I got a call from the boss on Monday saying I got 2 five star reviews in a row and he thinks I should work more days now.

I said "Oh man!!", but agreed to fill in for him this Friday.

#33 5 years ago

Man our standards are low if we think 3.6% GDP growth is 'on fire' and 'out of normalcy.'

#34 5 years ago

I know that some companies have recently been having a hard time finding new employees. Some places are offering some pretty interesting bonuses for new hires.

Read into that however you wish. Some will see negatives (immigration, etc) others will see positives (more jobs!).

Personally, I’m more keeping an eye on the tariffs situation. I don’t see our small/medium sized family farm in any real danger just yet...our profits will be down for sure, but it will be the “mega farms” (10,000+ acres) that pay a premium for ground that may well be in trouble.

#35 5 years ago

Times are rocking in the “real world”

The good news is........wait for it Levi....

The tax cuts are just beginning to filter through

Market back up because it’s earning season and the facts matter

Back to insanity in August

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Times are rocking in the “real world”

As long as it doesn't cause another hefty price hike on my now $2.19 burrito, I can live with a little economic expansion.

#37 5 years ago

August 12th, ICE...Its Political, so I can only share the date.....National Guard formulating Plans...just in case....

Quoted from iceman44:

Back to insanity in August

#38 5 years ago

Can we please stop talking about food in every thread on Pinside. Maybe I’m just lucky enough to only read the threads about burritos.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Can we please stop talking about food in every thread on Pinside

Jesus I know it's almost like we gotta fucking do it everyday

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As long as it doesn't cause another hefty price hike on my now $2.19 burrito, I can live with a little economic expansion.

You can still get those 2 for a $1 fried bean burritos from some convenience stores!

They sit in your gut for about a week though and that was back in my younger days

How about some Jack in the box super tacos!

#44 5 years ago

You should have given them the spiel my boss did when he hired me six years ago "don't ever expect a raise because this is all I can afford"

I said "uh, OK".

But in reality, six years is the longest I have held any job in my life, so I am most grateful . And sooner or later minimum wage will catch up to what I get paid now.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Man our standards are low if we think 3.6% GDP growth is 'on fire' and 'out of normalcy.'

I don't have all the facts, but were we not lucky to get close to 2% in the past eight years (before 2017)?

Cannot agree more. Everyone in the office received several wage increases over the past two years. I even managed to pay myself a few extra dollars. . . makes up for the months I've had to go without a paycheck in times past. Highs and Lows of being a small business owner!

#46 5 years ago

I work as a department Lead in a grocery store and can say we've had a nice steady sales growth recently. We keep track of daily sales for the past 2 years to compare to each days sales so I can see how much we've increased. Also seeing a larger number of part employees leaving to get full time jobs elsewhere. Many of these people have been there for over 3 years and are getting good hours. Not sure if it's the economy or just our location. Just kidding, all other stores in our district are the same way.

#47 5 years ago

What we are experiencing now, is what we were suppose to have experienced 7 years ago. Coming out of a recession, there is always boom.

Finally, that boom has happened. 8 years of pent up demand is finally coming to fruition.

As for my business, I can’t keep up. I honestly wish my business would slow down about 15%...is still be at full capacity, without going insane.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What we are experiencing now, is what we were suppose to have experienced 7 years ago. Coming out of a recession, there is always boom.
    Finally, that boom has happened. 8 years of pent up demand is finally coming to fruition.
    As for my business, I can’t keep up. I honestly wish my business would slow down about 15%...is still be at full capacity, without going insane.

Use the good times we're having to save up. I'm putting away a ton right now and at the next downturn i'll be glad I saved up.

#50 5 years ago

Yes the economy seems to be doing great. I have customers who complain they can't fill jobs.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seems-the-ecomomy-is-on-fire?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.