s7 (resized).jpg
s4 (resized).jpg
s3 (resized).jpg
s2 (resized).jpg
35 (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpg
caec83389e06ae525a0bb2a6560001e4.gif
#1 2 years ago

Crazy how I counted 30 Rush LE games for sale on the marketplace this morning. I hope this discourages flippers from buying future LE titles.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Crazy how I counted 30 Rush LE games for sale on the marketplace this morning. I hope this discourages flippers from buying future LE titles.

Yes, this will end the practice of people selling LEs, just like the last 10 releases where there always a ton for sale.

“Why are the so many X for sale” posts are as common as “$XK for Christmas” jokes and price bubble threads around here.

A lot of the new games being for sale is simply part of the circle of life. It’s not indicative of any trend, happens every game.

#3 2 years ago

Out of 27 for sale, 6 are for up for trade so that is a whopping 2% of the games for sale. Game is really fun, flowy and complex in the rules. Many are spooked by the cratered pro scoop picture floating around which could have been prevented if the operator took five minutes to put some mylar down after removing the scoop protector. The new Stern fix is ugly but there will be other options through cliffy and mantis.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, this will end the practice of people selling LEs, just like the last 10 releases where there always a ton for sale.
“Why are the so many X for sale” posts are as common as “$XK for Christmas” jokes and price bubble threads around here.
A lot of the new games being for sale is simply part of the circle of life. It’s not indicative of any trend, happens every game.

I dunno… compare it to the Godzilla Le. Each had 1000 built. I believe I counted 4 GZ for sale and 4 wanted ads. Rush is newer and has 26 for sale and 0 wanted ads.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I dunno… compare it to the Godzilla Le. Each had 1000 built. I believe I counted 4 GZ for sale and 4 wanted ads. Rush is newer and has 26 for sale and 0 wanted ads.

Did you count the GZs for sale 5 months ago?

They are at different points in the cycle.

#6 2 years ago

FWIW - Rush is the first title that the price increase caused me to pass on. I debated putting in an order for an LE- but I couldn’t justify nearly $12k for a title that I wasn’t 100% pumped to buy (I was only 75% pumped!)

I likely would have bought one at the old $9000 price. I am not asking anyone to feel sorry for me… just that these increases do have an effect.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you count the GZs for sale 5 months ago?

I stopped at 94 days.

J/k but I own a GZ LE - so I have always been curious on how many are for sale. I have never seen more than 10 or so…. And there have always been multiple “wanted” ads

#8 2 years ago

So much depends on the game. Mandalorian only had 750 and nib for that is low because the game isn't well liked. But Godzilla much higher value even with 1000 LEs. Any game Elwin makes will resell much higher for the LEs. A JP sold for 29k not long ago.

#9 2 years ago

I'm aware of what happens with new releases. However this one seems like there are more for sale ads then previous releases. I think Zeppelin had fewer for sale ads but I could be wrong. I have not played the game so I'm not saying it is bad at all just merely making an observation. But we all know the flipper game is strong right now. We could use less flippers so real players can at least buy there new games at msrp.

#10 2 years ago

I can only image the resale value of BTTF with Elwin.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from merkdds:

caec83389e06ae525a0bb2a6560001e4.gifcaec83389e06ae525a0bb2a6560001e4.gif
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I think Zeppelin had fewer for sale ads but I could be wrong. .

Couldn't be more wrong.

If a pinball machine has been released, rest assured there's a "Why are there so many for sale!?!?!" thread for it.

It's like the tides and the sunset. All part of the cycle of life.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-all-the-led-zeppelin-le-fs-now

#13 2 years ago

Hence the wording "I could be wrong" I do believe there are alot more flippers in the marketplace now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 2 years ago

A quick refresher...I'm sure you'll note all of the games mentioned were complete flops that nobody wants and were sold off at bargain prices...

35 (resized).jpg35 (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpgs1 (resized).jpgs10 (resized).jpgs10 (resized).jpg

s12 (resized).jpgs12 (resized).jpgs2 (resized).jpgs2 (resized).jpgs3 (resized).jpgs3 (resized).jpgs4 (resized).jpgs4 (resized).jpgs6 (resized).jpgs6 (resized).jpgs7 (resized).jpgs7 (resized).jpgs8 (resized).jpgs8 (resized).jpgs9 (resized).jpgs9 (resized).jpgs11 (resized).jpgs11 (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

So you do not think the amount of flippers nowadays adds to any of what we see here?

#16 2 years ago

When you start seeing tons of pros and premiums for sale, then you’ll know something is up. Most people are still waiting on their pros and just got their premiums.

#17 2 years ago

They should make it a contract that if you buy an LE/CE you cant sell it for 1 year to reduce flipping , or at least not at a marked up price

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

So you do not think the amount of flippers nowadays adds to any of what we see here?

Nope. I think the fact that they make 1,000 LEs now instead of 500 or 600 probably adds to the amount of ads. Regardless, it's the same pattern we see with almost every release, as a glance at the annals of pinside history will tell you.

True trends don't present themselves in a month, they present themselves over the course of years. These threads are usually just wishful thinking, like the price bubble threads.

Even games I think are awful, like Houdini, got their own "why so many for sale?!" threads. Today they aren't exactly being given away, are they?

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A quick refresher...I'm sure you'll note all of the games mentioned were complete flops that nobody wants and were sold off at bargain prices...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have any examples .You beat me to it.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from merkdds:

So much depends on the game. Mandalorian only had 750 and nib for that is low because the game isn't well liked. But Godzilla much higher value even with 1000 LEs. Any game Elwin makes will resell much higher for the LEs. A JP sold for 29k not long ago.

This is nonsense. Mando crushes on route and does better than GZ. Only Pinside seems to think Mando wasn’t a blockbuster game. Casual and location players DO NOT LIKE RUSH.

#21 2 years ago

I will neither confirm or deny I may have started one of those threads at one point in time.

#22 2 years ago

I don’t track the FS ads too closely but I can comment on how fun I found that game to shoot. I can’t speak to the code as I only played it 4 or 5 times on location, but I really liked the way it played.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is nonsense. Mando crushes on route and does better than GZ. Only Pinside seems to think Mando wasn’t a blockbuster game. Casual and location players DO NOT LIKE RUSH.

Our locations have the opposite of yours. Mando has trailed off while GZ and Rush are doing well. So remember one data point does not equate totality

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

But you're basically questioning the obvious... for a pattern the natives have seen for almost 10 years now. This is why your question isn't getting any love.

Like all markets.. when the flipping gets good, the more people try to get in on the action. This has been going on since games like Star Trek and Metallica fueled the 'get on the list' FOMO.. and since then Stern and others have been milking the 'limited availability' aspect of things. The flood of new money willing to pay thousands over retail for something creates this perfect storm where the opportunity is too great and everyone and their uncle tries to become flippers of games, accessories, etc. You see it moving into Mods now too as they too try to cash in on the 'limited availability' fad to raise prices 200%.

Your thread isn't getting any love because it's all crap we all already know and no one likes. But it's going to keep happening as long as the new money in the hobby keeps flowing like it has.

#25 2 years ago

It could be anecdotal, but I think this hobby jumped the final shark once the LE/Premium tier BS started up. As soon as you come up with some additional way to create rarity, it immediately brings in the slime to any hobby or pastime - people that value and covet something for it's rarity vs. using it was it was made for. It's not unique to pinball and it's here as long as people keep paying the idiot tax.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Out of 27 for sale, 6 are for up for trade so that is a whopping 2% of the games for sale. .

Levi already put an indisputable bullet in the logic of the the OP's theory. I'm just here to point out that 6 divided by 27 is 22%, not 2. that's a big difference.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Levi already put an indisputable bullet in the logic of the the OP's theory. I'm just here to point out that 6 divided by 27 is 22%, not 2. that's a big difference.

20 of 1000 is 2%.

#28 2 years ago

I had zero in in rush until I played it!

#29 2 years ago

I imagine owning the LE for this long I'd be wanting to sell as well.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

21 games actually for sale out of 1000 made gives you 2%

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#31 2 years ago

2.1%

#32 2 years ago

It IS possible that Rush isn't as good as the fanboys want it to be. Or maybe I'm just starting sh.. Rush could be awesome, but like some other pins, I'll gladly play once in a while on location.. but will never own a Rush.. and definitely not a bloated LE.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

It IS possible that Rush isn't as good as the fanboys want it to be. Or maybe I'm just starting sh.. Rush could be awesome, but like some other pins, I'll gladly play once in a while on location.. but will never own a Rush.. and definitely not a bloated LE.

It's a good game - it's no godzilla though.

Just the usual people flippin'. The only thing that is gonna stop it is when people can stop making money doing it.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

20 of 1000 is 2%.

oh.. the way it was worded it sounded like he was comparing it to the number listed for sale. i apologize for my misunderstanding. good thing i got a downvote, really teach me a lesson!

#35 2 years ago

Probably your 6th grade math teacher.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from merkdds:

It doesn’t exist, so it will resale for 0.0

#37 2 years ago

Casual and location players DO NOT LIKE RUSH.

I’ve heard that music pins in general don’t do well on location, and it makes sense. Usually you can’t hear the games & the rules are more quirky and not as story based.

In my home, though? I love love love my music pins. Rush is amazing & so fun. Bolted to the floor. When it’s all said and done & the Rush fans have their pins bolted - then it’s gonna get tough to find an LE until we all die

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve heard that music pins in general don’t do well on location

That's BS.

ACDC, Aero, LZ, G&R kill on location

#39 2 years ago

That's BS.

Exactly... Met, LZ, GNR, Rush have all done well for us.

People gravitate to things they know on location... completely different world vs players.

#40 2 years ago

That's BS.

Well I’m sure it varies by location. Any location where those do well, I’m sure Rush would too.

#41 2 years ago

This is nonsense. Mando crushes on route and does better than GZ.

1. Route earnings don't have a lot of relevance to the LE flipping market.

Only Pinside seems to think Mando wasn’t a blockbuster game.

2. Yeah, well, we're the nimrods paying $29k for LEs or whatever was mentioned above.

Casual and location players DO NOT LIKE RUSH.

3. See number one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seems-like-everyone-is-in-a-rush?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.