View topic image gallery

0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2176-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2177-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2175-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Cabaret Front-007-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Cabaret Front-004-Work-01 (resized).jpg
0Cabaret Front-002-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi there, I am about to embark on a cabinet repaint of my Williams CAbaret, which currently has the rare and often sought after 'black house paint' artwork. I will TRY to remove it, but initial attempts have proven futile. In anticipation of a full cabinet redo, I am searching for any photographic help that I can find. Pie in the sky...I would love well lit directly from the side cabinet, box and front shots in high resolution... but anything will help. (the IPDB photos are only from the front-side, and are low rez...etc) ..... thanks in advance

#2 6 years ago

Hi fotoboy
what is the "rare black house paint artwork" ?

Keyword "colors" - here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=415&picno=49890 is a nice picture of the front.
My first JPG shows the front of my Cabaret "bright sunlight with lower left corner in the shadow", the second JPG is in the shadow in my basement --- a close-up picture, the third JPG is same situation but a greater distance between pin and camera.
Look at the "red color" in these different pictures --- all (slightly) different red. The only way You can get a "very close to original color-red (and all the other colors)" is: You have an original Cabaret-Pin --- mix colors and then repaint Your "problematic pin".

I could by an Shangri La (my first pinball-love, 1970ies) --- painted all green (or maybe all black), ugly. A friend said "have never done a repaint - but would like to do one", the goal never was "close to identical to an original pin" --- the goal was "make an nice looking pin" - compare the pictures in ipdb http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2110 and the old, lousy pictures (here).

Keyword "Stencils" - lines, figures --- I can make "close-up" pictures - but I get the "fish-eyed camera effect - straight lines appear curved". So I believe pictures in an "good 90 degree angle to the surface of the pin" and from a distance so the whole "cabinet / Backbox" fills in the picture is what I can do.

Please "ponder / brood about": Colors matching (?) and amount of hours You want to invest on the stencil-lines --- I hope You decide: "similar, good looking on its own --- not trying to imitate an original pin (as my Shangri La)" - then write and I will take more pictures. Greetings Rolf

0Cabaret Front-002-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret Front-002-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Cabaret Front-004-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret Front-004-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Cabaret Front-007-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret Front-007-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2175-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2175-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2177-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2177-Work-01 (resized).jpg

0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2176-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Cabaret-Shangri-La-2176-Work-01 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seeking-some-williams-cabaret-stencils-or-accurate-photos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.